Blue Mahogany interior design is dedicated to providing bespoke interiors for residential and commercial clients. We believe that good design is not only beautiful, but functional.
We encourage you to "Be whatever you want to be". We work closely with the client to produce design schemes that reflect their taste and personality, allowing clients to have as little or as much involvement in the design process as they wish and producing designs that are uniquely about YOU.
At Blue Mahogany we will meet your design needs whether it is for one room in your home, office or a 5 star hotel. Blue Mahogany Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
- As personal assistant to the MD you will be working closely with the MD on a daily basis, providing administrative support, on a one-to-one basis. Your job will be to help MD make the best use of her time by dealing with secretarial and administrative tasks.
- You will need extensive knowledge of the organisation, including the company's aims and objectives.
- You will be expected to know names, numbers and context for all the major clients, suppliers and artisans that MD works with.
- MD will be relying heavily on you, trusting that work will be handled efficiently in her absence. Discretion and confidentiality are therefore essential attributes you must display in all your activities.
Typical Work Activities:
- You will often act as MD 's first point of contact with people from both inside and outside the organisation. Typical work activities include:
- Screening telephone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate;
- Meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority;
- Organising and maintaining diaries and making appointments;
- Dealing with incoming email, faxes and post, often corresponding on behalf of MD;
- Taking dictation and minutes;
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings;
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations;
- Organising and attending meetings and ensuring MD is well-prepared for meetings;
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and other staff;
- Deputising for MD, making decisions and delegating work to others in her absence;
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management, filing, etc.;
- Arranging travel and accommodation and, occasionally, traveling with MD to take notes or dictation at meetings or to provide general Assistance during business trips.
- In addition to supporting MD, her team and departments, you will also have your own personal workload and responsibilities. The scope of the PA's role can be extensive and additional duties may include:
- Carrying out specific projects and research;
- Responsibility for accounts and budgets;
- Taking on some of MD's responsibilities and working more closely with management;
- Being involved in decision-making processes
Some of the more practical tasks you will carry out include:
- Ensuring the office is cleaned, AC on, candles lit and daily schedule on the desk before the time MD gets to the office
- Ensuring that MD's phone bill is paid on time
- Taking note of birthdays of clients, staff, family, friends and other important contacts (organising for gifts and cards to be sent out)
- Note of other important dates and events in the calendar
- Finding out important events and functions MD should be aware of and may want to attend including meetings, outings, exhibitions and conferences (both local and international)
- Make sure all air miles are claimed for trips MD makes
- Researching topics for the weekly article
- Checking and topping up MD's stationery supply
- Maintain and update a catalogue of books , magazines and all other source materials for MD
- Keep updated list of suppliers and manufacturers of goods and services that might be relevant to our work and this will involve checking newspapers and relevant magazine adverts regularly. Also you will point out publications or interesting and relevant articles that MD should read and archiving said articles.
- Assisting in other official or personal tasks and errands as they may be assigned
- Going to the market, visiting suppliers to seek out samples, verify materials, etc on behalf of the MD.
- B.Sc in any related discipline, 1- 3 years experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's with cover letter to: email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale