IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- he Overpayments Analyst is an independent professional who demonstrates continuous leadership and drive to achieve an organizational priorities, needs and policies, while maintaining daily operation at a high level.
- The role of the Operations analyst is to own the over payments process ensuring that all monies owning to IBM stemming from the payroll activity are correctly calculated and recovered in line with the IBM agreed overpayment and recovery process. - The position involves excellent collaboration with many parties within the Organization as well as employees, Manager, HR and the Chief Financial Officer.
- The individual will own the Overpayments process for all African Payrolls delivered from the Shared Service Center.
1. Ensure smooth day-to-day operation of the over payments process
2. Support the identification for over payments
3. Support the correct handling within the Payroll Team and payroll system
4. Calculate the gross and net overpayment
5. Notification and liaison with the employee’s Manager and HR on the overpayment and recovery
6. Create, update and maintain the overpayment tracker on a daily basis
7. Prepare and distribute the overpayment and recovery requirements with the employees in line with the agreed policy an procedures
8. Create and distributes the AOD (Acknowledgement of Debt) document
9. Handles all queries regarding over payments and recovery in line with the agreed process and procedures as well as customer service standards
10. File all communication and AODs
11. Provides a summary of status per overpayment cases to Management
12. Proactively identifies and communicates all emerging issues to Management
13. Complies with all Business Controls requirements
14. Provides training to the Payroll Team on overpayment handling
15. Maintains all process documentation with process changes and new information in line with the expected standards
16. Continually identifies all ways to improve the current process to make it more efficient
Skills description, knowledge Environment
• Develop a strong knowledge of over payments, the Payroll Department and the overall business strategy with a view to operating as a knowledge expert.
• Focusing on individual/team/department and operational objectives and developing professional effectiveness
• Coaching and training of team members
• Respond to client's calls and requests quickly, completely and accurately
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Deals frequently with senior IBM Managers, Leaders and process owners
• Prepare and recommend solutions working with the Customer to establish their needs and business requirements
• Challenge the validity of given procedures and processes with the intent to enhance and improve.
• Strong analytical skills used to evaluate data, measurements and reports
• Participates in process improvement work using clear strategies e.g. six sigma
• Ensure compliance with Business Controls requirements including compliance testing and suggesting actions to address and resolve an issues raised by compliance test matters arising
• Bachelor's Degree
• English: Fluent
Interested applicants hold click here to apply online.