Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
Job ID: 13-9938
Reports To: M&E Specialist
- The key expectations of the M&E Intern's position is to support the M&E Unit in ensuring that MSH's M&E system is well positioned to provide continuous technical guidance, capacity building, M&E systems strengthening to MSH supported facilities, Community Based Organizations, and State M&E Teams.
- Support timely and qualitative data reports to donors and other applicable authorities.
- Support data entry into DATIM, review of DATIM data entries and running of quality checks on same.
- Support the management of project databases
- Support project EMR operations
- Support data quality operations including but not limited to data validation and DQA.
- Support the development and dissemination of project data use products
- Support the tracking of status of accomplishment of deliverables.
- Support the provision of Technical Support to supported health facilities and entities.
- Undertake the filing and safe keep of M&E resource materials, reports, submissions to external audiences, correspondences, meeting reports, training materials and other strategic documents.
- Support the Validation of data in all reporting templates (PMTCT, HTC and ART) monthly for state and USAID
- Any other Duties assigned by the supervisors
Qualifications and Experience
- Postgraduate degree in Statistics, Epidemiology or related field with focus on monitoring and evaluation and/or Biostatistics.
- At least 2 years hand-on-experience in monitoring and evaluation with very good analytical, presentation, communication and reporting skills.
- Significant experience in developing monitoring plans and/or management information systems 2 years of which spent working with NGOs in an African setting.
- Excellent inter-personal, multi-cultural and team building skills.
- Strong computer skills particularly in spreadsheets, database and statistical applications.
- Significant experience working in HIV/AIDS programs in Nigeria.
- Familiarity with PEPFAR reporting systems highly desirable, particularly for HIV Counseling and Testing, prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission, ART and OVC desirable
- Excellent writing skills, oral and written communication skills and fluency in English
go to method of application »
Job ID: 13-9890
Reports To: Principal Technical Advisor TB
- The Senior Technical Advisor will provide overall technical assistance on e-TB Manager implementation and enhancement of TB case detection in Nigeria in collaboration with MSH Principal Technical Advisor, TB for Africa, MSH HQ, CTB Country lead in Nigeria, National TB and leprosy Control program(NTBLCP) of Nigeria and other stakeholders in accordance with the national TB policy guidelines and international Standards of TB care.
- S/he reports hierarchically and functionally and administratively to the Principal Technical Advisor, TB, MSH.
- Provides overall technical expertise for MSH/CTB Project in Nigeria by supporting the implementation, scale up and proper handover of an electronic TB data management information system and enhancement of TB case detection
- Ensures that project activities are carried out within budget and agreed time frames
- Implement all MSH/ CTB activities in consistent with CTB Nigeria plan, NTBLCP strategic plan and MSH quality standard in collaboration with Nigeria CTB Country lead
- Represent MSH in technical meetings and forum including partner and stakeholders meetings
- Foster clear communication about project activities, plans, and organizational policies within MSH and between strategic projects and partners.
- Participate in USAID TB project consortium progress and implementation process
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate degree in Health related field; MD,MBBS preferred, possession of an MPH degree will be an added advantage
- Previous record of e-TB manager program implementation in Nigeria is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in public health; at least 2 years' experience in TB control
- Excellent strategic thinking and planning skills
- Strong analytical skills and experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Knowledge of and experience in training and capacity building
- Demonstrated operating in a management culture built on consensus and results
- Ability to work effectively and independently in a team-based structure
- Ability to travel up to 60% percent of the time within Nigeria
- Fluency and excellent written and oral communication skills in English
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.