IITA is an intemanonal non-profit aqricullural research-for-dev~lopment (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R4D approach IS anchored on the development neeos of tropical nations. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity. reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from aqncunure. We have more than 100 internationaiiy recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa. Please visit http://www.iita.org formoreinformationon IITA.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable candidates for the positions below in its Kano Station and Headquarters in Ibadan. This position is funded by African Development Bank (AID B) under the Support to Agricultural Research for Development of Strategic Crops in Africa (SARD-SC).
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following:
* Assists in execution of agronomic trials to optirmze on-farm maize yield
* Assist with the collation and analyses of date resulting from agronomic experiments
* Supervision of on-station and on-farm trials
* Works with other project staff in capacity building of public and private sector partners to develop and disseminate agronomic practices that empower farmers optimize on-farm maize yield
* Provide supports to national program staff and national partners for field trial manaaement and data manaoement and analysis.
* Contributes to puotications and presentation of research outputs
* Any other responsibi!ity as may be assigned by the supervisor
BSc in Agronomy or related field. At least 2 years of relevant experience in an international organization
Good communication skills (written and spoken) in English, innovative. ability to work with minimal supervision in a multi-disciplinary team.
The ideal candidate must:
* Have good knowledge of computer skills:
* Be Hardworking and ability to work under pressure with less supervision;
* Be able to take initiative and be attentive to details
* Drive Scientists and other research staff to research iocations The ideal candidate must
* Participate actively in the conduct of research
* Have good communication skills and be experimentations at different sites honest;
* Convey research materials to all research and development
* Have a valid driver's licence locations
* Be able to follow instructions and work
* Assist in the planting and harvesting of maize trials, independently where necessary;
* Ensure that vehicles are properly maintained
* Be available to work outside office hours, weekends and holidays.
* Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Successful candidate wiil among other things perform the SSCE plus a minimum of 3 years driving following: experience and working with scientist in research fields is desirable.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus.
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website: http://www.iita.org/careers no later than Two Weeks from the date of this publication. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant's current or previous organization or applicant's direct SupervisorlSuperiorofficer at work and evidence of current remuneration package. IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applicafions from female candidates.