The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation striving to protect and assist the victims of war and internal violence. The ICRC Nigeria is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person who fulfils the below mentioned criteria and who will:
WATHAB (WATER AND HABITAT) ENGINEER KANO
- Assist the direct superior on the field assessment - Do technical proposals for Wathab interventions
- Assist the direct superior in the reporting of Field Trip and participates with his/her technical inputs on the Monthly Wathab Reporting
- Contribute to the implementation and running of specific projects I programmes, mainly independently
- Maintain contacts with interlocutors / authorities at local level mainly independently
- Train and coach local NRCS branches technical staff according the programmes
- Contribute to budget follow-up
- Bachelor Degree, some college coursework completed, an Associate Degree or equivalent higher education degree in water supply, sanitation construction. engineering or any related technical field
- 2-5 years of experience in water supply, sanitation, construction, engineering or similar technical position
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Good knowledge in computer skills
- Skilled in the following competencies: Adapting & Learning; Team Work. Planning, Organization & Assessment; Analysis & Synthesis;
Responsibility & Autonomy
- Familiarity with the standard norms and rules in construction, "local techniques and requirements for construction
- Driving license
- Experience in assessing, surveying, calculating and preparing estimates and technical drawings of buildings.
Method Of Application
Interested candidates should submit their application (letter of motivation, CV, copies of certificates, referees) before 28.10.2010 to the reception:
ICRC Delegation in ABUJA
N.29 Kumasi Crescent,
Off Aminu Kano Crescent,
Wuse II, Abuja
Please clearly indicate "WatHab Engineer" on your envelope.
-Personal correspondences are non-returnable.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Only complete files matching with the profile will be considered