Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health, especially among the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. We live our mission to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
- The success of the PRO-ACT project depends largely on accurate, complete and timely reporting of achievements to PEPFAR/USAID. Achievement of set targets is of utmost importance. Hence, the objective of the M&E Specialist position is to provide technical leadership in the roll-out of PRO-ACT M&E plan in the states integrating it with other health systems and generating strategic data for program management, reporting and documentation of best practices.
- Management responsibility
- Spearheading the roll-out of PRO-ACT M&E plan in line with PEPFAR and national reporting requirements
- Member of the State Project Management Team that is responsible for overall project performance
- Provide technical input in the development of an integrated State PRO-ACT project plan in collaboration with the Directors, Advisors and State Teams.
- Take lead in the implementation of PRO-ACT state M&E plan and reporting formats for PEPFAR indicators and targets in collaboration with the State Team, Advisors and Directors
- Establish system for flow of information from service-delivery points to the PRO-ACT central data base and ensure timely M&E technical support to all implementing health facilities.
- Take lead in building the capacity of health units’ M&E staff and relevant health and community workers in collection, summarization, analysis and presentation of M&E data.
- Manage the roll-out of the project M&E data quality assurance system including quarterly data quality audits.
- Assist the STL to coordinate the establishment/strengthening of one state M&E system that informs policy and practice.
- Ensure state-of-the art database management practice at the state.
- Analyze M&E data on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and flag action areas to the project management.
- Work with PRO-ACT management to document and publish best practices.
- Supervision: Works independently and reports to the State Team Leader.
- Decision Making: Working within project strategy and policy guidelines, makes decisions with regards to work responsibilities and is accountable for them.
- Responsibility over data or information: Has access to information within project, and is responsible for program data generation and management.
- Responsibility over assets: Overall responsibility assigned assets in the program.
- Responsibility over Staff: None
- Postgraduate degree in Statistics, Epidemiology or related field with focus on monitoring and evaluation and/or Biostatistics.
- At least 2 years hand-on-experience in monitoring and evaluation with very good analytical, presentation, communication and reporting skills.
- Significant experience in developing monitoring plans and/or management information systems 2 years of which spent working with NGOs in an African setting.
- Excellent inter-personal, multi-cultural and team building skills.
- Strong computer skills particularly in spreadsheets, database and statistical applications.
- Significant experience working in HIV/AIDS programs in Nigeria.
- Familiarity with PEPFAR reporting systems highly desirable, particularly for HIV Counseling and Testing, prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission, ART, palliative care, and OVC desirable
- Excellent writing skills, oral and written communication skills and fluency in English
PRO-ACT is an MSH-implemented project in Nigeria that aims at supporting State Ministries of Health and State Action Committees on AIDS (SACA) to deliver comprehensive HIV/AIDS/TB services—including providing antiretroviral therapy for the hundreds of thousands of people in need in Nigeria. The project will scale up the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) programming to achieve its goals for provision of ART, palliative care services for HIV-TB co-infected individuals, and prevention of HIV transmission from mother-to-child (PMTCT).
go to method of application »
- The Technical Advisor BRD is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of MSH Nigeria business development activities in coordination with the Country Representative, COMU and Project Directors and the Corporate Office of Strategic Development and Communications.
- The TA BRD will support the development and implementation of MSH BRD Strategy for Nigeria; identify MSH strategic target audiences for communications and development;
- Coordinate opportunity tracking of Country-level Strategic Information. Collect/share market data/intelligence gathering on opportunities competitors, funders, socio-political, health and technical trends)
- Develop and maintain a database of funders and partners of interest to MSH and a calendar of external events of interest for MSH participation
- Develop a positioning statement for MSH Nigeria with periodic updates, in coordination with corporate SDC office
- Prepare Briefing Packages/Speaking Notes targeting specific donors/Fact Sheets on focus areas with funding potential, liaising with corporate SDC office for development of corporate branded materials as needed.
- Lead on the reporting and relationship management with funders. Ensuring that all donors have the oral, narrative and financial information they require, to be informed, confident in and understand the projects that MSH delivers
- Manage BRD meetings/encounters; Debrief/follow-up of contacts
- Work in conjunction with the CLT and other MSH staff to promote MSH Nigeria brand and image, and MSH solutions to stakeholders generating positive publicity and raising the organization’s profile, through periodic email briefs, newsletters etc.
- Plan, track and report on BRD Strategy as appropriate.
- Contribute to annual budgets as appropriate and QRs/ARs on BRD
- Coordinate the writing of and deliver quality assured, competitive tenders state and federal government; USG, DFID, private foundations, local and international corporate foundations.
- Monitor & evaluate the effectiveness of fundraising approaches to learn and adapt strategies going forward.
- Other BRD duties as they arise.
- Masters in the Liberal Arts, Social or other Sciences. 3 years post-qualification experience (with Masters) or 5 years post-qualification BRD-relevant experience may be seen as substitute for Masters in exceptional cases of demonstrated aptitude for stated duties.
- Experience of developing and implementing Fundraising strategies.
- Experience of developing and organizing major fundraising events.
- Has a project management skill as it relates to income stream access.
- Has the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, to a range of audiences at various levels.
- Track record in communication/creative writing with capacity for strategic-thinking, and at least three years supervisory-level work in development programming or communication.
- Assesses priorities and multi-tasks in a high-intensity situation. Good organizational and time-management skills, especially in meeting deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Good interpersonal skills and effective team member in a complex and fast-paced environment;
- Excellent computer skills, especially in word.
Method of Application
For MONITORING AND EVALUATION SPECIALIST Click Here To Apply
For TECHNICAL ADVISOR Click Here To Apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.