The First Lady of one of the South South States in Nigeria is seeking a vibrant, creative and compassionate individual to fill the
position of Executive Director for her project, with the goal of promoting children's welfare and development.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• The role of the Executive Director is to ensure the effective and efficient management of the project in line with broad policies and programs as directed by the Board of Directors.
• The Executive Director shall report to the Board of Directors and be responsible for the day to day management of the project, and shall take the lead in developing strategy, operational long,
medium and short term work plans, including budget estimates and projections;
• Drive the vision and ensure the implementation of the objectives of the project and ensure the provision of high quality services to individual and institutional clients and beneficiaries;
• Initiate programs that would enhance the project and raise its visibility
• Establish and maintain viable working partnerships with all State, National and International stakeholders in the implementation of all programs
• Represent the project, as and when necessary, in meetings, workshops and conferences that will contribute to the success of the project;
• Supervise the work of the management staff, organize periodic staff development orientation and training activities and evaluate staff performance
• Generate and produce timely report for the Board of Directors
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• A Bachelor of Science or Arts degree in the Humanities and Social Sciences, a Master's degree will be an added advantage
• Over 5 years managerial experience in the development field with a bias for children's rights and welfare
• Evidence of strong network in the international sectors as well as Nigerian private, public sector and non-profit sector
• Strong interpersonal, communication and written skills (computer skills are mandatory)
• A high level of integrity and preparedness to keep stakeholders informed
• Strong indication of passion for the State development and commitment towards the development objectives of the project
Interested candidates should email a copy of their CV with a digital passport picture embedded at the top of the CV. Use the Job Ref ED in your email subject line. Send your emails to firstname.lastname@example.org within 2 weeks of this publication.