Contract Engineer at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
Posted on: 9 October, 2017
Deadline: 12 October, 2017
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited, (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Normal (Minimum 8 hours per day)
- Develop together with business area, works and services demand forecast, planning and budgeting to support planned activities and prepare 5 year contract plans within allocated business area or work and service category.
- Guide Contract Owners / Holders to articulate contract scope, specification, select contracting strategies,and prepare Counter Estimates within allocated customer portfolio based on risk assessment, cost drivers, market analysis, and value optimization (including Nigerian Content) and applying lessons learnt from previous contract.
- Support Senior / Principal Contract Engineers to develop, implement and maintain category strategies and their performance management pre and post award, to ensure benefits accruing to Company during sourcing and delivery are maximized for allocated categories.
- Prepare, review and issue enquiries/requests for quotation documents and subsequently analyse bids and lead clarifications and negotiations in collaboration with Tender Evaluation Team (TET) in line with category strategies and assist Contract Owners/Holders to prepare, present and defend transaction submissions to Company Tender Committees to obtain approvals for commitment processing.
- Develop and issue contract documents post award incorporating general and specific terms and conditions as applicable.
- Attend contract meetings (with Contractors and Contract owners/holders), produce minutes of proceedings and follow up necessary actions to ensure completion of contract process in line with
- Company Contracting procedures, and assist in the administration of Minor Tender Committees.
- Advise on and assist in evaluating contract variations, cost forecast, claims, non-conformances, disputes/conflicts, and facilitate contract close out.
- Set up and maintain contract data in contract management systems tools, analyse data and prepare reports to support category management as required.
Key Performance Indicators
- Develop and implement annual contract plan (70 - 80% of planned activities)
- Comply with approved category strategies in procuring all works and services (target >90%).
- Deliver savings target based on total and life cycle cost models (defined in Key Result Areas (KRA)).
- Robustness of contract documents (with contract based variations/claims/disputes <5% of output).
- Achieve compliance with Nigerian Content legislation requirements (as defined in KRA).
- Accuracy and completeness of contract related documents and records (no audit findings).
- University degree in Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Law, Economics or Business Management
- Membership of The Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) UK or Nigeria, or Institute of
- Supply Management (ISM) US is an advantage.
- 3-5 years post graduate experience with at least 3 years in a contracting and procurement role preferably in an Oil & Gas or heavy industry involving maintenance, shutdowns, projects and facilities management
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Amaiden Energy Nigeria career website on amaidenenergy.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Amaiden Energy NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Area Resource Manager at Halliburton Energy Services Nigeria Limited
- Latest Jobs at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- Procurement Consultant at Aldelia Group
- Latest Vacancies at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Job Opportunities at Nigerdock Nigeria Plc
- Job Opportunities at an Oil and Gas Firm - Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Job Openings at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Engineering Vacancies at Hobark International Limited (HIL)