Vacancy At TwinPine Nigeria
Posted on: 18 September, 2013
Deadline: 30 September, 2013
View Jobs in Media / Radio / TV
View Jobs posted same day
Twinpine is a mobile advertising network reaching millions of African consumers on mobile devices. We aggregate local and international mobile web pages on our platform to offer brands and advertisers a communication medium on the mobile internet. We create value for advertisers, publishers and developers by serving relevant, carefully- targeted adverts to mobile internet users using demographic targeting. We are currently present in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, India, UK and Mauritius.
Twinpine Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position of:
- Lead the definition, implementation, and sustainment of the IT Operations Strategy for the business.
- Provide technical thought and design leadership in building a highly scalable and resilient IT infrastructure.
- Ensure IT Operational capabilities and priorities are aligned with all areas of the business.
- Drive the adoption and maturity of business critical IT Operational best practices, tooling, and processes.
- Exercise sound technical and business judge to position the technology platform for continued growth and extensibility.
- Create and maintain measurement criteria (KPI s) and system documentation to lead the effective management of the technology tooling and infrastructure that supports the business.
- Grow and share technical expertise within the team via mentoring and training of other Leads and Analysts and providing guidance to less experienced team members.
- Responsible for solutions and escalation handling of complex technical issues that impact the business.
- Defining program implementation strategy & multiyear roadmap to realize business value.
- Administer and support Hadoop clusters (including Hbase, Hadoop, EMR, S3)
- Development & enhancement of monitoring , tools to manage services and applications developed and used by the company
- Manage availability, latency, scalability and efficiency of Adatrix services by engineering reliability into software and systems
- Respond to and resolve emergent service problems; build tools and automation to prevent problem recurrence.
- Review and influence new and evolving design, architecture, standards, and methods for operating services and systems
- Participate in software and system performance analysis and tuning, service capacity planning and demand forecasting
- Perform periodic on-call duty.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BSC in Computer Science, Math, Telecommunications or equivalent education
- 3+ years of experience in a project leader/program manager role focused on IT service management.
- Expertise in at least one data platform such as: SQL, Hadoop/HDFS, PL/SQL.
- Strong technical execution capacity in a language of choice: Perl, Python, Java, Ruby.
- Experience and strong understanding of web servers like APACHE / TOMCAT and hands on with web development.
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux systems, shell scripting
- Understanding of network and Security will be highly desirable.
- PMP Certification - Preferred
- ITIL v3 foundation certification - Preferred.
- Enterprise Architecture
- Business Process Management and Documentation Skills
- IT Change Management, Continuity Planning, Disaster Recovery expertise
- Strong understanding of Configuration Management Tooling and Automation technologies.
- High levels of professionalism, communication, coordination and customer service principles are essential.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications and CV's to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- BBC World Service Recruitment for Head of West Africa Languages
- Marketing Manager at Monkey Media Limited
- Sales/Marketing Officers at Clement Ashley Consulting
- Programs Manager at She Leads Africa
- News Intern Recruitment at Bloomberg News
- Web Developers at Concise News
- Channels Television Recruitment for Marketing Executives