Regional Resourcing Lead (Sub-Saharan Africa) at British Council Nigeria
Posted on: 7 September, 2017
Deadline: 17 September, 2017
View Jobs in Government
View All Jobs at British Council
The British Council is the world's leading cultural relations organization and creates opportunities for people in the UK and worldwide to understand each other, to work together and learn from one another. We see this as crucial to building secure, more prosperous and sustainable futures for us all. We build trust and understanding between different countries and cultures and develop strong international links that are of benefit to people in Britain and the rest of the world.
Role Type: Contract
Pay Band: 8/E
About the Job
- The Resourcing Lead is part of the SSA centres of expertise team and reports to the Regional HR Director and has a functional reporting relationship with the Global Head of Resourcing.
- This role is expected to collaborate effectively with global colleagues, deploying British Council standards into the region. Ensure set up and eventual efficient running of the recruitment hub.
- The post holder will be responsible for delivering high quality talent and an efficient service to customers across all business areas and markets.
- He/She is expected to build close relationships with key stakeholders, becoming a trusted partner and valued expert.
- The post holder will lead, manage and develop Resourcing colleagues, delivering against KPIs, and ensuring compliance at all times.
- The Resourcing Lead in conjunction with the Regional HR Director will ensure Resourcing services in SSA are consistent with global CoE strategies, guiding principles, policies and procedures, processes and practices, and where necessary, adapting them to reflect local market needs and conditions, e.g. legal, regulatory, social and culture frameworks. See highlights of what we require of the successful candidate:
- Provide trusted and expert business partnering to Regional Leaders, building a thorough understanding of Regional priorities and business drivers, and helping to enable strategic objectives
- Identify Regional recruitment requirements and define regional forecasts/plans and operational strategy, in collaboration with Regional HR, Country HR/Leadership & Global Resourcing colleagues
- Build and manage Regional Resourcing team, ensuring the right capacity and capability levels, managing performance and personal development, and ensuring integration and alignment with Region HR colleagues
- Manage operational delivery of region-wide vacancies according to agreed KPIs. Plan and deliver effective recruitment campaigns as needed
- Lead recruitment of senior or complex/niche vacancies while identify critical talent segments and develop talent sourcing strategies, including creation of talent pipelines. Leverage global sourcing tools effectively and implement regional solutions where needed, always promoting the British Council EVP, Values and Diversity objectives. Control & reduce recruitment agency use
- Implement and ensure compliance with global Resourcing strategy, policy, and processes in the region, working to ensure alignment with Regional drivers and requirements
- Coach and train Hiring Managers and HR colleagues on resourcing process, ensuring clear understanding of roles and responsibilities
- Ensure the delivery of an effective and fair selection process
- Measure and report on performance against KPIs, leveraging data to drive efficiency and effectiveness. Contribute to continuous process improvement, working with Global CoE.
- Implement & maintain Pre-appointment Screening processes in line with global policy and local legal requirements
- Ensure all regional resourcing activities are compliant with BC’s values, policies and risk management frameworks and support EDI.
- Be a visible role model for the British Council’s values and behaviours.
- Candidates should possess relevant qualifications.
Method of Application
Click here to download BC Behaviour (pdf)
Click here to download BC Core skills (pdf)
Interested and qualified? Go to British Council career website on jobs.britishcouncil.org to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about British CouncilSimilar Jobs
- Executive Director at the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)
- Corporate Services HR Officer Recruitment at The British High Commission
- Chauffeur/Messenger at The Republic of Trinidad and Tobago High Commission Abuja
- Visits Officer at the British High Commission (BHC)
- U.S. Embassy Recruiting for Mail Clerk
- British High Commission (BHC) Recruiting for Chevening Scholarships Officer
- Director, Technical Services at The National Sugar Development Council
- Latest Vacancies at The West African Power Pool (WAPP)