Greensprings School is an independent, non-partisan, day and boarding school for boys and girls from 18months - 18years. We encourage students to be lifelong learners by instilling in them great confidence, respect and a consciousness of the needs of society.
Greensprings School began in 1985 in the heart of Anthony Village, Lagos. Today, we have established another state of the art campus on the Lekki Peninsula in Lagos. The Greensprings Community places great value on character and moral education as well on academics achievements. Our unique education ensures that boys and girls learn in the words of our school song.
An experienced chef to support our Catering Manager in delivering an outstanding catering service at our Lekki campus – Ibeju-Lekki.
With over 1,500 day and boarding students, excellent resources and a drive for continuous quality improvement, Greensprings is actively seeking a staff with the right values and attributes who want to make a difference and be part of this exciting phase of our development. We are looking to recruit professional and ambitious individuals to form an integral part of our growing catering team.
- Prepare, cook and serve meals to a high standard.
- Take a leadership role with the kitchen and catering team, Train and coach junior staff in the preparation of dishes on the menu.
- Ensure that everyone using the catering facilities is treated politely and courteously, be they students, staff or guests.
- As directed by the Catering Manager, develop and prepare menus appropriate to student needs and menus for other functions i.e. formal dining, barbeque and gala night taking into account the college goals in regard to promoting healthy eating and supporting local rural business by using local seasonal produce.
- Responsible for the ordering of food and beverage stocks, stock controls including storage and monthly stock taking. Ensure that all stocks issued are recorded to enable stock records to be kept.
- Ensure that the school’s financial procedures are being followed to protect cash, food and beverage stocks and the school’s assets.
- Ensure that cleaning and food temperature records are kept.
- Comply with food hygiene regulations by wearing the appropriate clean protective clothing while preparing and serving food, and to ensure all other members of staff do likewise.
- Ensure kitchen and wash-up areas are kept in a clean and hygienic condition. To keep up to date with food safety guidelines and legislation to ensure compliance with the law and the school’s food, health & safety policy.
What we’re looking for in our Chef
- -Minimum of OND certificate in any related field
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar position
- Able to demonstrate great customer service skills
- Able to demonstrate financial acumen
- A passion for good food
- Creative ability and flair using fresh produce
- Physically fit, able to undertake manual handling duties
In return as our Chef, we can offer you…,
As well as a competitive salary, you can also look forward to a great range of benefits including 21 days annual holiday, a pension scheme, health insurance, free lunch. This is a full time role Monday to Friday 07.00 – 18.00 with a requirement to work some weekends and evenings on a rota basis.
If you believe you have the right skills and are looking for your next career opportunity as our School Chef, we’d love to hear from you!
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application and CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org using SCHOOL CHEF as subject of the e-mail
Interviews will be held: w/c 21st August 2017
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale