Chemonics International, an international development consulting firm, seeks a field monitor coordinator and an Assistant National Technical Manager (ANTM) for a five-year USAID-funded Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET) project (2012-2016). The project is the world's premier provider of high quality food security analysis and early warning and aims to collaborate with international, regional, and national partners to provide timely and rigorous early warning and analysis of potential, emerging, and/or evolving food security issues in order to inform appropriate humanitarian response. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. This position is based in Abuja, Nigeria.
The Field Monitor Coordinator (FMC) works closely with the National Technical Manager (NTM) and the Assistant National Technical Manager to support all FEWS NET activities in Nigeria. The FMC is responsible for supporting the NTM in:
- Recruiting market field monitors;
- Managing and reporting FEWS NET's market data and information;
- Supervising field monitor activities, including report review;
- Collecting and entering market price data from field monitors and performinganalyses on the data (ex. calculating averages, percentage changes, etc.)
- Summarizing in written or verbal form qualitative and quantitative market information for FEWS NET reports, briefings, and ad hoc requests;
- Providing monitors with optimum technical guidance to assist them in generating the required data/information/reports;
- Ensuring that reporting is delivered properly to FEWS NET partners.
- At minimum, a degree in a discipline that is directly relevant to or provides central skills in food security and agricultural market analysis, including economics, agricultural economics, agronomy, or related fields;
- Two years of relevant country or regional experience in early warning/food security/markets information systems, food security analysis, as well as other related fields;
- Strong knowledge of agricultural marketing systems in Nigeria;
- Experience supervising the work of other staff members;
- Excellent computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Experience managing and analyzing databases;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience effectively working and coordinating with partners and stakeholders;
- Experience conducting field assessments and knowledge of standard data collection methodology;
- Wilnngness to travel extensively throughout Nigeria; and
- Excellent analytical and report-writing skills.
Method of Application
Please send electronic submissions, including CV and cover letter to FEWSNETNigeria@gmail.com by August 28,2013. Please note "Field Monitor Coordinator" in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Only finalists will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.