IP Sales Engineer at Nokia Nigeria
Posted on: 15 June, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Nokia Nigeria
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to.
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Job ID: 17000005R8
- Pre-sales engineering support for the IPD products and solutions.
- Engages with account teams and end customers to assess customer requirements, defines network architectures and solutions, contributes directly to tenders /customer proposals. Possess a strong combination of technical understanding and business skills while acting as IP advocate within the MEA Region.
- Undertakes analysis of customer and market requirements, translates such requirements internally and responds effectively to customers.
- Markets: Broadband aggregation via xDSL/ GPON, Carrier Ethernet, L2/L3 VPN services, IP Core routing, Security, Cloud and Datacenters, Mobile backhaul, 2G/3G/LTE Packet Core.
- Specific solutions/technology/product consulting and sales support to both account teams and external customers.
- Key technical and commercial contributor to customer RFI, RFP and RFQ responses.
- Responsible for competitive analysis of IPD solutions in the market.
- Prepares and delivers RFX proposals , product presentations and business cases to customers.
- Contributes to account strategies and direction by promoting IPD solutions and business practices.
- Cisco CCIE, NOKIA SRC or equivalent qualified
- Detailed understanding of IP/MPLS technologies
- Proven experience in IP Pre- or Post Sales function with 5 years + Experience
- Proven record in customer focus
- Proven presentation skills
- Detailed knowledge of NOKIA IP portfolio
- Must be experienced in Cisco IOS & NOKIA SROS
- Experience with other router operating systems desirable
- Understanding of real customer networks
- Experience of influencing large multi national project teams is considered highly desirable
- A reasonable amount of travel should be expected as this is a MEA wide role requiring high customer contact.
- Requests for support material may be required in short timescales enforced by the customer so time management skills are vital.
- The job requires a very good view of customers’ network architectures and practices and therefore must understand a customer operational processes and confidentiality concerns.
- Because the role is an integral part of the EMEA RBC, the ability to work as part of a distributed team is critical.
- The role will require international travel, sometimes at short notice. A flexible approach to work, especially when communicating with other NOKIA groups, is essential, as is the ability to thrive under pressure and prioritize tasks.
Method of Application
- We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
- Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
- The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
- Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested and qualified? Go to Nokia Nigeria career website on aluperf.taleo.net to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Nokia NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Trainee Developers at Bincom ICT Solutions
- Retail Merchandisers at Technira Limited
- Job Vacancies at Appzone Limited
- Information Technology Roles at Opera Software
- Solutions Architect at Martyns Consulting
- SharePoint Developers at Triversa Ltd
- IT Manager at IIHT
- Cloud Platform Sales Representatives at ORACLE