Aflasafe Plant Technician at IITA
Posted on: 11 July, 2013
Deadline: 25 July, 2013
View Jobs in Agriculture / Agro-Allied
View All Jobs at IITA - International Institute of Tro
IITA is an international non-profit research-for-development (R40) organization created in 1967, governed by a Board Trustees, and supported primarily by the Consultative Group of International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). Our R4D anchored on the development needs of sub-Saharan Africa. We develop agricultural solutions with our partners to eliminate hunger and poverty by reducing producer and consumer risks, enhancing crop quality and productivity, and generating agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
The international Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian Nationals for the position Aflasafe Plant Technician the Institute's Headquarters in Ibadan.
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Carry out thorough repairs and maintenance of plant and equipment prior to beginning of the season and preventive maintenance as per schedule.
- Receive all manufacturing supplies at the aflasafe plant and duly document them for storage, processing and payment.
- Keep records and ensure that adequate stock of all manufacturing supplies is available at the plant at all times.
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to ensure that they meet set quality standards.
- Ensure that employees are working according to production or processing standards.
- Carry out long and short term crop storage management and general hygiene through fumigation, rodent control, store and compound cleanliness.
- Work with management or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints, or grievances.
- Ensure safety and maintenance of discipline of all workers.
- Ensure that the aflasafe is manufactured at high standards as demanded by farmers, through proper cleaning, grading, dressing and packaging (weighing, bag closing, labelling).
- Promote safety and sanitation and make sure all work complies with relevant regulations.
Qualification and Experience:
The ideal candidate must possess among others:
- National diploma in Agricultural or Mechanical engineering, Mechatronics, Food Processing/Technology or Biological/Agricultural sciences.
- Specialization in agro processing or crop post harvest technology.
- At least 5 years of experience in food/feed or seed/agro-input processing industry is essential, preferably within a commercial or semi-commercial setting.
- Knowledge of process control and monitoring essential.
- Registration and membership to professional/regulatory body.
- Imaginative thinker, Logical problem solving with good interpersonal and team working skills
- Good verbal, report writing and general communication skills
- Honest, vigilant and must be able to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
Method of Application
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant's current or previous organization or applicant's direct Supervisor/Superior officer at
Work and evidence of current remuneration package to IITA website: http://www.iita.org/careers not later than Two Week from the date of this publication.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about IITA - International Institute of Tropical Agricul...Similar Jobs
- Head of Accounts Department at AMO Group
- Accounts Payable at Tomato Jos
- Technical Officer at SIAT Nigeria Limited
- Senior Agronomist at KPMG Nigeria
- Warehouse Manager at WACOT Limited