A Leading Clearing & Freight Forwarding Company is looking for a dynamic staff in their Lagos Office for the role of an Operations Manager.
· Manage, control and supervise the activities of the operations staff
· Monitoring of payments for debit notes (shipping and terminal)
· Ensuring that a competent clearing staff handles the clients job at all times
· Dealing with customs queries where the clearing staff cannot resolve
· Keeping track of all jobs in clearing, from the day the file enters clearing up to delivery point
· Represent the company at meetings.
· Reporting daily activities
· Using personal judgment and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in the clearing process.
· Agreeing on costs and disbursements to carry out clearing.
· Strong initiative and leadership skills
· Good Communication and interpersonal skills
· Analytical and problem solving Business and entrepreneurial spirit
· Results and performance oriented
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
· Must possess a minimum of a second class lower in Business administration or any related discipline from a reputable university
· Minimum of 2 years experience in logistics (especially in clearing and forwarding)
· Applicant should not be more than 35 years and not less than 28 years
· Applicant must have concluded NYSC
· Must have proven repertoire in setting and meeting strict KPIs.
· Must have Operational knowledge of the ports and government agencies.
· Must have knowledge of proper clearing and haulage documentation for both import and export.
· Must have appropriate Knowledge of Inspection agents, Banks, Shipping Companies and Terminals.
· Must be ready to work to deadlines and supervise a team of 10 staff
· Must be driven and ready to work round the clock to meet deadlines.
· Must have the ability to handle customs and shipping companies for Imports, temporary importation, and Exports.
· Must be able to handle pressure.
· Must have certifications within the maritime industry.
· Must have knowledge of the Customs and Excise HS Code and Explanatory notes.
To apply, click here