Jobs at Suburban Fiber Company (UPDATED)
Posted on: 9 February, 2017
Deadline: 2 March, 2017
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Suburban
Suburban is a Next Generation Carrier, with a smart and efficient network that spans the West Africa region region using the newest technologies such as IP, MPLS and Wi Max. Suburban is playing a significant role in the growth of internet penetration in West Africa by increasing the wholesale internet connectivity in Nigeria by over 800% over the last 2 years.
- Maintain the financial records and books of accounts of Suburban
- Ensure compliance with relevant local and international accounting standards and practices, including financial regulatory and internal accounting policies and procedures
- Supervise the use and regular maintenance of the accounting system and reporting requirements and ensure the integrity, validity, accuracy and timely availability of financial information
- Review transaction entries to ensure accuracy of the transactions and approve for posting
- Manage, co-ordinate and control the processing of inter-company accounts and transactions
- Periodically prepare the financial reports and other related accounts of the business to meet external audit/regulatory requirements
- Oversee the preparation of periodic (monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual) financial statements (Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow statement etc.)
go to method of application »
- Ensure accurate accounting and reporting of the revenue generated by the business
- Regularly follow-up with each business unit to ensure timely and complete revenue collection
- Ensure minimal revenue leakage/ eliminate potential sources of revenue leakage
- Monitor and track debtor position/account receivables and facilitate timely recovery of debts
- Manage the liquidity position of the organisation
- Co-ordinate the cash disbursement and payment process
- Ensure prompt and complete remittances of all statutory tax obligations
- Manage the organisation’s cash, bank account structure, borrowings and investments
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in finance or accounting discipline
- Relevant professional qualifications (ICAN, CFA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA etc.)
- Minimum of eight (8) years treasury or other relevant experience with at least three (3) years in supervisory position
- Good understanding of debt and equity structuring
- Good knowledge of treasury and finance-related concepts and applications including:
- Liability management;
- Short and long term funding, sources of funds and financial instruments;
- Cash management;
- Interest rate risk management;
- Contingency funding;
- Capital raising mechanisms;
- Investment and portfolio management etc.
- Good understanding of the local financial and economic environment, the Nigerian banking system and capital market operations
- Working knowledge of short and long term cash forecast models
go to method of application »
- Survey, Surveillance, Intelligent network database
- Supervise the maintenance of passive network
- Ensure proper planning for data center planning/ implementation maintenance
- Plan and coordinate the company’s metro network maintenance
- Develop a robust plan for data center planning/ implementation maintenance
- Network cable and plants documentations and update
- Liaising with relevant government agencies on network related issues with a view to protect network integrity
- A good first degree or equivalent.
- Nine (9) years experience in a similar role, with at least 3 at a supervisory/managerial level
- Project management certification a must.
- Deep knowledge of the telecommunications industry.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of various aspects of fibre-optic, wire-line and wireless network infrastructure and service provisioning (planning and installation).
- Good knowledge of engineering economics including cost/ benefit analysis.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on project management experience.
- Good knowledge of budgeting and financial management.
- Ability to think strategically and holistically and to appreciate the systemic impact of various policies, issues and solutions.
Method of Application
- Applicants are advised to submit on or before the Application Deadline.
- Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about SuburbanSimilar Jobs
- Information Technology Roles at IntelliFin Solutions Limited
- Graphics Designer at Transsion Holdings
- Frontend Developers at Kaytech Digitals
- Tech Support Officer at Tizeti Network Limited
- Job Openings at Swiz-tech Nigeria Limited
- Job Opportunities at Contec Global Infotech Limited
- Progammer at Lafrique Tracking and Security Services
- Development Consultant at Sage