If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
North East Regional Initiative (NERI) is an International Development Organization
Job Location: Akwa Ibom and Abuja FCT.
Position Start Date: Immediately
The STTA Strategy Planning Session Facilitator will provide technical support for the planning of and co-facilitate a strategy session for one of the major federal government of Nigeria intervention efforts (operation safe corridor) aimed at improving national capacity to respond to disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration (DDR) needs of Nigeria especially in the North East. The Strategy Session Facilitator would work closely with NERI/OTI’s activity local partner, the Centre for Democracy and Development in planning and, an international expert who would be lead facilitator, in curating, and co-facilitating the Strategy Session at a location in Nigeria.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position will report directly to the Program Development Officer based in Abuja.
RIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Support Centre for Democracy and Development in technical planning and delivery of Strategy Session for Operation Safe Corridor.
- Co-facilitate the delivery of the Strategy Session for Operation Safe Corridor.
- Provide a final Report that presents Stakeholders Strategic Planning Workshop on DDR with Operation Safe Corridor summary, content tone, outcomes and opportunities for USAID and OTI/NERI’s further engagement in the DDR process.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Master’s degree in conflict resolution, international relations, peace and security or humanity with at least 2 years of cognitive experience, Ph.D. in the relevant field is an added advantage.
- Membership of one of renowned professional body in the field of conflict resolution or international relations is desired.
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience working on DDR, Community Security and or Small Arms and Light Weapons (SALW), including relevant field experience, especially in crisis or post-conflict stings and in conflict sensitive programming.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to manage a diverse range of professional relationships essential.
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities; AND
- A cover letter
Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted