If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Dominican University, Ibadan, Nigeria, a newly established private university founded by the Order of Preachers (Dominicans) in Nigeria.
Proposed Start Date: September, 2017
- The Vice-Chancellor serves as the Academic and Administrative Head of the University.
- As Chief Executive, the Vice Chancellor exercises general academic supervision over the University and shall be responsible for maintaining and promoting the efficiency and good order of the University.
- The Vice Chancellor shall be responsible to the Governing Council in the management of human, monetary and other resources of the University and shall ensure that the University complies with terms and conditions specified by the Council for the use of funds.
- As Academic Head of the University, the Vice Chancellor supports, guides, and coordinates the academic and research units and their support system in ways that foster the Dominican University's mission and goals.
- The Vice- Chancellor ensures that the provisions of the Law, the statutes and regulations of the University are observed.
- The office of the Vice-Chancellor serves as the nerve center of activities in areas of protocol, external relations and coordination of various internal organs of the University.
- The Vice Chancellor, in the absence àf the Chancellor, presides over Convocation ceremonies for the conferment of degrees, diplomas, certificates and other awards of the University.
- The person to be appointed to this position will hold office for a term of five years, subject to renewal for a final term of five years and no more, subject to satisfactory performance.
The ideal candidate for the position of Vice-Chancellor shall possess the following qualifications and characteristics:
- PhD. or equivalent;
- A Professor of reputable stature in the national and international academic community;
- A good understanding of higher education and of the vision, mission and goals of the Dominican University;
- A previous leadership role in any tertiary institution;
- Commitment to inclusive and collaborative leadership manifest in gender sensitivity and readiness to work with persons of diverse ethnic and religious affiliations;
- Successful leadership and managerial experience, particularly experience in strategk planning and managing and allocating financial and human capital;
- Demonstrated ability to promote research excellence and demonstrated understanding of how to foster and sustain an inclusive learning environment
Method of Application
Applicants shoud send a complete "Application Package" to "DR. Aniedi Okure" via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A complete "Application Package" includes the following:
- A comprehensive Cover Letter addressing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications.
- Curriculum Vitae with 3 names of contact persons for reference
- A Writing sample