IITA is an international non-profit research-for-development (R4D) organization created in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and supported primarily by the Consultative Group of International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). Our R4D is anchored on the development needs of sub-Saharan Africa. We develop agricultural solutions with our partners to tackle hunger and poverty by reducing producer and consumer risks, enhancing crop quality and productivity, and generating wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian Nationals for the following position at the Institute's Headquarters, lbadan.
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
* Installs, maintain and repair air conditioning and refrigerating system
* Inspects completed work for conformance with specifications, requirements, and compliance with applicable safety codes and regulations
* Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostics hardware to perform work
* Operates various measuring, diagnostics and testing instruments
* Reads blueprints, piping, sketches, schematics and wiring diagrams
* Install electrical and controls and test for proper operation
* Recommend, repair or replace worn or defective parts
* Have good knowledge on conservation, recovery and recycling of refrigerant
* Performs brazing, soldering, pipefitting, welding and Fabrication
* Respond to unscheduled and emergency service request
* Monitor stock of key emergency spares applicable to areas of responsibilities
Bsc/HND Mechanical Engineering and other related fields plus at least 3 years relevant working experience in industrial, commercial and residential refrigerating system.
The ideal candidate must possess:
• Excellent English reporting, writing and oral communication skills
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point)
• Strong ability to co-ordinate, prioritise and organize workload; take initiative and work under pressure
• Good team spirit and also participate as a team member in accomplishment of duties.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either
the Head of applicant's current or previous organization or applicant's direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of
current remuneration package to IITA website: http://www.iita.org/careers
Not later than two weeks from the date of this publication