eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information, streamline clinical procedures, and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes. Accurate health data will provide NGO’s, hospitals, and donor agencies with access to timely health system indicators needed to evaluate their health interventions and respond to critical public health needs. We bring about positive change by harnessing the potential of technology, valuing the power and knowledge of local people, and maintaining a sharp focus on the health worker.
Summary: The lab coordinator- Sokoto plans and implements all of the daily operations of projects related to the mobile lab in Sokoto. This individual works with project managers and teams to own the processes and outcomes associated with key project activities ranging from startup through closeout. The lab coordinator acts in accordance with company and project specific standard operating procedures (SOPs), guidelines, budgets, timelines and contracts, and assists with managing project budgets, tracking against milestones. The individual may lead and / or manage partial or full project team(s).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To perform this job successfully, the Lab Coordinator must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works closely and effectively with researchers, directors, partners/clients, project team and outside consultants; along with Program Manager, serves as a primary contact with partners/clients for all project related items.
- Assists in the development of operational plans that are consistent with program needs and strategies, including but not limited to communication plans, training plans, and timelines; helps monitor project progress as compared to established plans and ensures compliance with plans.
- Plans, facilitates, and leads internal meetings, partner/client teleconferences, and project-related presentations to internal and external stakeholders
- Serves as a resource to team members for all inquiries and issue resolution for site management, contract budget and remediation, and regulatory document preparation.
- Lab coordinator with contract and financial management for assigned projects; ensures project budgets are tracked against contract milestones.
- Oversees all aspects of conduct, from start-up through close-out in accordance with company and project specific (SOPs), guidelines, budgets, timelines and contracts.
- May lead partial or full project team to ensure timely and effective completion of project assignments and other tasks.
- Contributes to the Projects’ Management Plan which includes key milestones, timeline costs and resources, monitoring, communication, IP, recruitment & retention plans.
- Oversees and manages vendors. Assists with identification and selection of vendors. Generates work plan for vendor, defining and communication of timelines to ensure availability of vendor resources. Identifies and resolves vendor issues.
- Evaluates project issues and executes action plan to ensure resolution. Actively identifies and escalates quality and compliance concerns.
- Ensures audit / inspection readiness at site level. Contributes to audit/ inspection responses as part of cross-functional project team.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures compliance with laws and regulations.
- May frequently travel between company work-sites. Some international travel may be required.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Responds well to supervisor requests and feedback.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct, applicable policies & procedures, as well as ethical standards of the field.
Qualification: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Bachelor’s degree from college or university, or equivalent experience working in technical project management in West Africa.
- 1 - 3 years of experience working in public health, operations, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong operations skills
- Proactivity and the ability to successfully manage multiple assignments independently.
- Creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, and manage significant travel to insecure environments.
- Proven ability to work with diverse and large teams and to foster a positive working environment with local and international stakeholders.
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively communicate via writing, public speaking and interpersonal interactions.
- Good learning ability. Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer Skills
- Strong working knowledge of professional and presentation software including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Exposure to and understanding of geographic information systems software packages a strong plus.
- English is the spoken and written language.
- Bilingual skills in French, Hausa, Krio are preferred (speaking, writing, reading).
- Strong written communications for a variety of audiences, both local and international, are a must.
- Ability to read, analyze, proof and edit documents, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to eHealth Systems Africa career website on ehealthafrica.bamboohr.com to apply