Adexen is a global Human Ressources Company providing business services in Europe and Africa.
We support companies in all industries in the fields of HR, Legal, Finance, Sales & Marketing, Engineering and Supply chain.
We know how important people are to business. We also think that "People are the future of Africa"
We understand what is needed to match highly skilled professionals with companies operating in Africa at highest standards.
Our client is a leading civil engineering firm providing high quality MEP (mechanical electrical and plumbing) solutions to a broad range of sectors
The Quantity Surveyor and Contract Manager will be responsible for compiling, preparing and issuing sub-contractors’ documents. In addition, he will also liaise with project managers and quantity surveyor team on contractual issues for both the main contract and sub-contracts.
- Responsible for preparation of monthly cost and value reports
- Agreement of subcontract terms and conditions
- Monitoring and ensuring payments on time
- Overseeing programmes and dealing with all contractual implications.
- Liaising with contract management
- Preparation of final account with clients
- Responsible for subcontract procurement, valuations and payments, and ensure that reports and projections are realistic and accurate.
- Establishing clients’ requirements and undertaking feasibility studies.
- Estimate time to execute project with strong details ability.
- Diploma/Degree in Quantity Surveying from a recognised University
- Minimum of 10 years Quantity Surveying Experience in a large reputable construction company
- Minimum of 5 years Estimating Experience for Building Contracts, with minimum 3 years as a Senior Estimator on substantial building contracts
- Preference will be given to candidates with significant Senior Estimating experience
- Diplomatic approach and excellent interpersonal skills
- Very corporate presentation
- Be able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Attractive expatriate package
Our client is a leading international engineering Group, which provides integrating solutions & technological services for oil & gas companies.
- He is responsible for assuring from validation by Company ICSS Engineer the accurate control, authorisation, verification, integrity and follow-up of all software and hardware for use in the ICSS and system onboard the FPSO.
- He ensures that maintenance operations under his responsibility are carried out in strict accordance with Company’s current safety rules and operating procedures and in accordance with standard industry practice, thereby guaranteeing the quality of maintenance operations, within his field, carried out on Site by Contractor.
- He guarantees a good level of availability of the equipment he is responsible for on production sites
- He plays a predominant role in the transfer of skills to personnel undergoing training and development by mentoring on site.
- Prepares with Company Process engineer, Company ICSS Specialist Engineer (onshore) and SMC vendors, corrective actions and modifications of the ICSS system.
- Assists the Planning Engineer with the resourcing and suitable planning input to ensure a quality preparation and execution of all ICSS and System works.
- With his teams assists specialists working under specific maintenance contracts (SMC)
- Ensures that Company’s HSE regulations are respected, as well as approved operating procedures and standard industry practice during preparation and performance of maintenance operations placed under his responsibility
- Manages interventions using the CMIMS and work packs provided by the planning team
- Reviews all intervention reports in the CMIMC and writes the detailed technical reports related to his field
- Monitor the functioning of any equipment placed under his responsibility, performs trouble shooting in the ICSS, PLC, etc
- Follows up the parameter values and alarms in the concerned systems for condition monitoring purposes
- Takes part in daily, weekly and coordination meeting on Site
- Ensures that the transfer of knowledge by mentoring occurs properly within his teams and actively participates in this himself, leading others by his example
- Manages and coaches/mentors the ICSS/PLC technicians directly under his responsibility
- Carries out, at Contractor’s site representative’s request, any intervention within his field of competence.
- Takes in charge the systems under his responsibility in case of breakdown until correct operation is resumed
- Identifies, in the preparatory stage of maintenance works, and delicate operations and ensures that proper studies of the risks involved are carried out beforehand
- Identifies recurrent corrective maintenance interventions, analyses them and suggests improvements
- Keeps a critical eye on current preventive maintenance programs and, if need be, suggests improvements
- Warns support and planning teams of any recurring problems related to the availability or quality of spare parts
- Keeps track of any backlog of work in his area of responsibility
- Produces the functional analysis previously to any software modifications in the ICSS under the direction and control of Company specialist engineer.
- Ensures that all control systems documentation is up to date and available on the FPSO
- Verifies the quality of his teams’ interventions by frequent on-site checks and final checks prior to hand-back of large, critical or high integrity equipment to production after maintenance activity
- Ensures that the members of his teams have the qualifications and skills required for the tasks entrusted to them and, if need be, suggest corrective measures.
- Higher National Diploma or Certificate (HND/HNC (A-levels + 3 years’ study)
- 10 to 15 years’ experience in the field of Control and Safety systems
- A minimum of 3 years as a Specialist in Control and Safety Systems in the Petrochemical industry
- A knowledge of the process of oil and gas treatment, installations and equipment
- Specific professional knowledge: CMIMS : UNISUP/ SAP similar ; most current design of ICSS Systems
- Ability to lead and motivate multi-national teams. Pride in his work, ability to maintain good relations with colleagues and others,
- Must be rigorous and methodical in his approach to operations, show common sense and be able to anticipate and analyze issues.
- A natural, flexible authority is essential.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.