Finance Vacancy at CLG Securities Limited
Posted on: 12 January, 2017
Deadline: 31 January, 2017
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at CLG Securities
CLG Securities Limited - A reputable Stock Broking Firm, is recruiting to fill the position below:
- To support the company to discharge their responsibilities relating to compliance risk management process as required by relevant regulatory requirements, applicable code of conduct and minimum standards.
- Assist line management and other members of staff by providing advice to guide in discharging their responsibilities to ensure compliance with all statutory, regulatory and internal policy requirements.
- Protect the reputation of the company
- Avoid the institution of legal action against the company.
- Ensure good working relation with regulators.
- To maintain a good working relationship with the Securities and Exchange Commission(SEC)
- To guide all members of staff to act with integrity, diligence, and in an ethical manner in dealing with all clients.
- Ensure the company’s timely compliance with all regulatory requirements including but not limited to all periodic and adhoc regulatory reports and obligations
- Ensure the appropriate use of compliance risk management tools within the business.
- Analyse and identify compliance risks, processes and controls and provide advice to management, relevant committees and the employees in order to effectively manage compliance issues.
- The Compliance Officer shall be well trained in the Rules and Guidelines and shall attend regular training sessions as organized or supported by the CBN or SEC.
- Responsible for educating the other personnel of periodic updates and adjustments as may be made by SEC from time to time.
- Ensure that trainings tailored for the business unit are signed off and, if appropriate, assist in the delivery of the training and awareness.
- Customise, if necessary, Group Minimum Standards and facilitate, in consultation with Group Compliance, the process of adoption thereof by the business units.
- Request dispensation when policies and procedures deviate from that of minimum standards.
- Remain aware of regulatory & legislative developments, and practices of regulatory authorities, which are relevant to the company.
- Assist the CEO and business units in implementing existing, new and/or amended regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for the management of the company Procedures Manual and monitoring company’s adherence to all business procedures
- Ensure a coordinated / aligned strategic approach to and position of, emerging regulatory developments.
- To be actively involved in relevant industry/regulatory committees.
- First Degree in a relevant field including Banking, Finance, Accounting, Business Management, Law, Economics or a Chartered Secretary.
- Master's Degree and/or relevant professional qualifications would be an added advantage
- Good Compliance and Risk Management Knowledge
- Excellent use of MS Word and MS Excel
- Good understanding of the Investment Banking, Stockbroking processes and SEC's regulatory framework
- Good understanding of global financial markets
- Good research skills
- Minimum of 3-5 years working experience in financial services preferably in an Investment Banking environment or stockbroking with at least 2 years of Compliance experience.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about CLG SecuritiesSimilar Jobs
- Career Opportunities at Deloitte
- Accountants at a Financial Consulting Company - Eden Solution and Resources
- Latest Recruitment at African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Senior Executive Assistant to the Senior Partner at WFO Roedl & Partner
- Jobs at Verite Microfinance Bank Ltd
- Graduate Marketing Executives at Hedgeworth Microfinance Bank
- Head, Account at SYOJ Consulting & Management Services
- Job Vacancies at Accion Microfinance Bank