Business Development Manager at a Reputable Law Firm - Bradfield Consulting Limited
Posted on: 15 December, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Law / Legal
View All Jobs at Bradfield Consulting
Bradfield Consulting Limited - Our client a reputable law firm seeks for personnel for the below position
- The candidate who will be a Lawyer, called to the Nigerian bar, will plan, coordinate, and implement the firm’s practice groups’, and individual lawyer’s activities with respect to Marketing, Business Development, Public Relations, and Client Services.
- The objective is to increase visibility and brand recognition to strengthen and expand the firm’s client base.
- The candidate will be expected to observe confidentiality of client and firm matters.
- Strategic Planning and Implementation: Develops, implements, and manages the firm’s business development and client services plan consistently with the firm’s strategic plan and policies set by the firm’s Partners. Supports and facilitates development, implementation, and tracking of business development/ marketing plans for 5 practice groups and over 40 individual lawyers consistently with the firm’s plan and policies. Participates in the firm’s strategic planning activities with respect to evaluation and improvement of present client relations and services and future business development opportunities and activities;
- Budgeting: Develops and manages the firm’s business development and client services annual budget, which includes marketing expenditures for the firm, practice groups, and individual lawyers;
- Media/Public Relations: Prepares and manages public relations activities and communications for the firm (or contracts with and provides oversight to outside agencies), including press releases, new lawyer announcements and notices, other firm announcements, media materials, and coordination with any outside PR consultants;
- Advertising: Designs or contracts with and provides oversight to outside vendors to design print and online advertising and negotiates media buys and associated contracts;
- Newsletters, Brochures and Promotional Materials: Designs or contracts with and provides oversight to outside vendors to design, updates, and maintains online and print marketing and business development materials for the firm and for lawyers, including firm and lawyer profiles, practice descriptions, brochures, and electronic newsletters. Also oversees mailing list creation and updates;
- Photography, Logos, and Promotional Products: Arranges for professional photo-shoots and maintains image and logo files. Prepares various art files (headshots, logos, graphics) for use in online and print materials. Designs artwork and selects products for promotional use at seminars, conferences, presentations, etc;
- Tracking and Reporting: Maintains firm databases utilised for marketing, business development, public relations and client services and generates reports as requested;
- Website and Social Media: Manages the firm’s web site, social networking for the firm and its lawyers (LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.), and other electronic communications, including drafting and updating content and images, evaluating effectiveness, drafting and implementing policies, and working with outside technical and design consultants as needed;
- Directories and Awards: Manages the firm’s profiles on online directories and referral sites, submits information for lawyer and firm awards, promotes awards, and determines which directories should be launched and maintained;
- Firm Memberships: Evaluates and manages all firm memberships and works to take advantage of membership opportunities to enhance the firm’s profile;
- Proposals and Resumes: Supervises and coordinates the firm’s RFP protocol process, including soliciting RFP’s from appropriate prospective clients and drafting and submitting proposals for new business as needed. Participates in planning and presentation efforts as appropriate (including presentation packets, slides, etc.). Creates and maintains resumes for over 40 lawyers;
- Event Planning/Coordination and Gifts: Manages business development/client services functions, events, and opportunities for the firm, including:
- Develops, organizes, and provides support for firm receptions, conferences, seminars, and other special firm-sponsored events;
- Lawyer receptions and celebrations (and associated gifts);
- Holiday cards, gifts, and thank you gifts for clients or referral sources.
- Sponsorships and Speaking Engagements: Identifies, evaluates, and makes recommendations for firm/lawyer participation in sponsorships, conferences, speaking and writing opportunities, and similar events. Coordinates activities (RSVPs, promotional products, advertising, presentation slides, etc.) as needed. Promotes speaking engagements as appropriate;
- Surveys and Assessment: Designs and conducts – or arranges for the design and implementation of – client satisfaction surveys and market research;
- Committee Leadership: Leads the firm Business Development & Client Services (BDCS) Advisory Committee, including setting agendas, maintaining the project list, and suggesting issues which should come before the Committee. Serves as a member of any other committee needing marketing support;
- Coaching/Training Lawyers: Coordinates training in business development and client services for lawyers and staff of the firm. Tracks progress and encourages tailored business development opportunities for each lawyer and practice group in all locations;
Demands of the job:
- Ability and willingness to work long hours;
- Ability to work with minimal/no supervision;
- Ability to multi task with minimal or no errors;
- Understands the needs and expectations of law firm clients;
- Experience writing proposals, and responses to requests for proposals preferred;
- Must be willing and available to travel between the firm’s different offices as needed and required by the position’s specific duties and responsibilities.
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) and Call to the Nigerian Bar (BL) minimum;
- Master of Laws (LLM) optional;
- Certified Business Development Expert (CBDE)is desired;
- Certificated Business Professional (CBP) is also desired.
- Minimum of five years in Marketing Manager role within a professional services environment (law firm experience preferred).
Skills/ Personal Attributes:
- Candidate must have a proven record of strong leadership and consensus building skills.
- Must demonstrate initiative, be highly organized, able to manage multiple projects while prioritizing work assignments
- Able to work well with lawyers and staff at all levels in the organization
- Absolute command of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Website content management systems such as Word Press, Joomla
- Familiar with SEO and Google Analytics
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent writing skills
- Good organisation, communication and research skills
- Ability to understand the lawyer-client relationship
- (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to set goals, interpret metrics, and implement projects that will improve online performance and visibility
- Ability to write effectively for public relations and other purposes, for audiences inside and outside the firm
- Ability to prepare written materials, to support and to follow-up marketing opportunities for the firm and for individual lawyers
- Ability to evaluate opportunities for business development and manage a budget
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs