Latest Job Opening at Mott MacDonald
Posted on: 14 December, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Mott MacDonald
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Mott MacDonald's International Development Services Unit, IDS, operates within the international development sectors of Environment and Water, Education, Health and Social and Economic Development. Together we implement and manage projects and programmes in developing countries and emerging economies around the world. We are committed to support the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and to provide our expertise to help improving lives of people in need.
Job Ref: 27081BR
Contract Type: Contract
Work Pattern: Full-Time
- Cambridge Education is an education services company of Mott MacDonald Group that provides expert education consultancy in partnerships with governments, donors, international development agencies and partners around the world, as they seek to enhance people's skills and economic prospects.
- Cambridge Education Nigeria Limited (CENL) is managing the ESSPIN, TDP and DEEPEN programmes on behalf of the UK Department for International Department (DFID). ESSPIN (Education Sector Support Programme in Nigeria) is designed to provide strategic technical assistance to support education reform at Federal level and in six focal states to plan and implement strategies for transforming the quality of basic education.
- The Teacher Development Programme (TDP) aims to provide strategic technical assistant in 6 lead states on teachers’ improvement, ultimately improving student learning. DEEPEN (Developing Effective Private Education, Nigeria) is using the ‘making markets work for the poor’ approach to improve the policy environment and quality of private schooling in Lagos and beyond.
- Working with the Monitoring Technical Lead and the Evaluation Technical Lead provide technical assistance in the areas of monitoring, evaluation, and evidence strengthening
- Manage the programme’s monitoring and evaluation strategy including reviewing the strategy when appropriate and ensuring its implementation.
- Working with the International Monitoring Consultant Support SUBEBs and CoEs to develop and implement monitoring and reporting systems which will improve the evidence base of teacher supply, demand and effectiveness and will provide data for planning and further development of teachers, including facilitating State Monitoring and Evaluation capacity building activities
- Lead on the strengthening of the gender-disaggregated national evidence base on teacher education, in coordination with the DPM and the Communications team
- Liaise with and establish working relations with partners and key stakeholders including FME, UBEC, NCCE, SUBEBs, LGEAs, CoEs, DFID, EDOREN, ESSPIN and others
- Identify and manage synergies between other IDP programmes such as EDOREN and UNICEF’s GEP 3 and TDP in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, results and evidence
- Manage the programme logframe by establishing clear and measurable indicators and milestones in collaboration with programme management, other technical leads and DFID and coordinating the collection of the data for these indicators and other programme requirements through the state teams and government systems
- Coordinate the reporting against the programme logframe, the quarterly monitoring of the programme workplan and provide inputs to the programme’s quarterly reports
- Mainstream the use of modern communications technology for monitoring purposes
- Collaborate with DFID and EDOREN on the design, conduct and dissemination of the baseline (already completed), and end-line surveys and other assessments including ensuring that national and state level engagement with and understand of the data and its implications
- Develop and manage studies to gather evidence on current situation and programme impact
- Ensure lesson learning and dissemination of best practice and experience from the TDP programme
- Manage evidence for programme roll-out and scale up
- Work closely with the National Programme Manager, Pre-Service Technical Lead, and NCCE Adviser to integrate monitoring and evaluation of the incentives package for teaching practice into existing CoEs systems
Knowledge, Essential Competencies, Skills, and Qualifications
- Post-graduate qualification in Education
- Experience of working with government systems in education at national and state levels
- Experience of building capacity of government systems
- Experience of monitoring and evaluation in education programmes
- Excellent reporting skill.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Mott MacDonald career website on www.mottmac.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Mott MacDonaldSimilar Jobs
- Consultants at The Civil Society Scaling-Up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS-SUNN)
- Job Vacancies at Malaria Consortium
- Job Openings at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Capacity Building Advisor at John Snow Incorporated (JSI)
- Fresh Vacancies at INTERSOS Nigeria
- Job Opportunities at The Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development (ACTED)
- Programmes Director - Nigeria at Amnesty International
- Psychologist at Neem Foundation