General Manager at eRecruiter Nigeria
Posted on: 29 November, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Agriculture / Agro-Allied
View All Jobs at eRecruiter Nigeria
eRecruiter Nigeria - Our Client was founded more than forty years ago, and a leading brand in animal nutrition and livestock feed production globally. The company’s focus is not only to work closely with Nigerian livestock producers but also with local raw material producers, boosting all agriculture value chain, from the farm to the end consumer.
The company entered the Nigerian market in 2015 and built a production factory in Northern Nigeria. They now have an opening for a General Manager to be based in Abuja.
- Reporting to the Board of Directors, the General Manager will have overall responsibility for setting strategic direction and development
- The General Manager’s role is accountable for the development and ownership of the expansion plans within Northern Nigeria with direct reports to support and develop.
- Due to the breadth of the responsibility in this role, this individual will be a key contributor to the commercial and brand plan development.
- Financial and budget responsibility for the Nigerian entity
- Provide technical support to both the sales team and customer base
- Create pathways to bring new products to market.
- Manage projects through to commercialization.
- Develop sales and financial plans.
- Manage business operations and coordinate finance, sales and research.
- Speak at public meetings, trade shows, conventions.
- Maintenance and further development of business opportunities within the country
- Directly responsible for Raw Materials procurement
- Directly involved in the sales process, establish and maintain good business relationships with all customers and specifically Key Accounts
- Supervise and provide people development opportunities within the existing team
- Experience in General Management
- Minimum of 10 Years’ experience in Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) Sector: FMCG Food is highly preferred
- Minimum of 5 Years’ experience in General Management or Senior Management within FMCG with overall responsibility for P+L
- Knowledge of Animal Nutrition is desirable
- Organizational and management competencies in building and managing a team
- Proven track record in sales and established strong networks within the FMCG industry
- Due to the nature of the market, only Hausa-speaking candidates would be preferred
- Must have experience working in the north of Nigeria
Note: This role will Only consider Nigerian National (no Expats please!)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about eRecruiter NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Financial Controller- Farms at a Leading Agribusiness Company - ManpowerGroup Middle East
- Poultry Manager at Efugo Farms
- Job Vacancies at Welcome2Africa International
- Latest Job Openings at Tomato Jos
- Field Sales Representative – Animal Nutrition and Health Care Solutions at AMO Group
- Noiler Manager Rural Female Farmers Empowerment at AMO Group
- Production Technologists/Process Engineers at Aquada Development Corporation