Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen
About the Role:
The Executive Coordinator is experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks. He/She is able to work independently with little or no supervision. The Executive Assistant is a highly resourceful team-player, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient.
The individual has the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. He/She will report directly to the Director of Operations Lagos and work collaboratively with the Lagos Operations team to ensure well-laid out plans are executed effectively.
The specific responsibilities of the Executive Coordinator will include:
- Coordinating the flow of information to the Director's desk as required for policy and operational decisions
- Owning and managing administrative tasks of the Director of Operations
- Managing an extremely busy and active calendar or appointments
- Composing and preparing confidential correspondence for the Director of Operations
- Screening phone and video calls and visitors on the DOs behalf
- Arranging and managing travel itinerary, agenda and logistics
- Anticipating the Director’s needs and proactively bringing together appropriate people and resources to support the Director’s agenda
- Completing critical aspects of deliverables and special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time; gaining cooperation of others; monitoring progress; problem solving; making adjustments to plans
- Enhances Director’s and company’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value
- Representing the Director by welcoming visitors, arranging company dinners and other corporate functions; answering questions and meeting requests directed to the executive office
- Assisting in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings
- Managing external contacts; proactively understanding who they are, who the primary contacts are, and keeping track of periodic communication needed for primary contacts
- Relieving the Director of day-to-day administrative duties
- Requirements: Education, Knowledge and Skills
A great candidate for this role has the following attributes:
- Has a degree from an Accredited College or University
- Has experience at a start-up or other high-growth/fast-paced organizations
- Has excellent verbal and superior writing and report presentation skills
- Is a polished professional having significant experience (minimum 3 years) supporting a senior executive/senior management
- Can plan and conduct complex and sensitive administrative and operational studies
- Is able to identify management and operational problems, investigate and evaluate alternatives and implement effective solutions.
- Can interpret, explain and apply complex policies, regulations, and procedures
- Can represent the Director of Operations in meetings with others and make effective public presentations
- Can organize and prioritize work and meet critical deadlines
- Has strong logistical management skills
- Has a strong proficiency with Google Apps: Calendar, Hangouts, Docs, Sheets
- Must be an all around awesome person – we have a strict no jerks policy at Andela
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Medical coverage
- Breakfast and Lunch provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
As a Team Lead, Software Engineering, you will primarily work as a Team Lead within the Technology & Learning department leading a team of developers building world-class internal products to support Andelas business needs.
As the senior member of your team, you will take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of complex technical projects. You will work closely with the product management team to ensure we're building the best products that meet Andela users needs. You will take pride in building products that are key to helping Andela grow and scale as an organization. You will be responsible for managing the delivery of your work as well as any developers that work under you.
Youre the kind of person who:
- Believes that building great software is more than just delivering working code, that other aspects such as reusability, testability, maintainability, security, and performance are just as important.
- Are constantly learning and expanding your skillsets on and off the job.
- Can mentor entry-level developers willing to become world-class.
- Are a good person: driven by purpose, passion, thirst for knowledge, and the pursuit of a better world.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Ruby, Ruby on Rails
- Postgres, MongoDB, Redis
- Heroku, AWS, SQS, EC2
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- The ability to be located in Lagos, Nigeria or Nairobi, Kenya.
- 2-5 years of software development experience
- Experience leading a team of software engineers in an agile environment (daily standups, sprint planning, retrospectives, etc)
- TDD and pair programming experience
- Experience setting up and managing a continuous integration or a continuous delivery process
- Experience with service oriented architectures, distributed systems, and messaging queues.
- A Bachelor's or advanced degree Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.