Infusing the finest ingredients sourced locally and from around the world, our rich and delicious treats are freshly baked daily. At Cookie Jar, we combine unconventional techniques and home baking practices to produce premium goods that are designed to do one thing – Take your taste buds on a journey to a land of pure satisfaction.
REPORTING TO: Head of Operations
The responsibility of the Head of Sales and Marketing is to help Cookie Jar Gourmet Bakery achieve its objectives and revenue goals by ensuring that marketing campaigns obtain the required sponsorship for new editions as well as events, activities; drive sales and establish cordial relationship with clients, develop marketing strategies for business development, generating new business plans for launch of bakery products in new markets /Segments. In addition the candidate will be crafting the brand strategy, improvement of the brand image of the existing products and launch and establish new brands in the markets.
- Deliver sales presentations/proposals to prospective clients with a minimum of 80% successful closing rate
- Negotiating contracts with distributors and vendors in managing product distribution
- Coordinating and participating in trade shows and promotional activities
- Develop market analysis to identify customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates
- Stay current with client needs, competition, and industry trends
- Develop and manage client & Cookie Jar Bakery relationships
- Manage client orders to make sure that they get completed in a timely manner
- Responsible for assisting with sales/marketing and advertising campaigns
- Undertake market analysis to include details on the market characteristics (market size and growth - market trends and market attractiveness); competitor characteristics (product characteristics, competitor marketing strategies, sales force activities, pricing analysis).
- Undertake strategic market planning analysis by identifying foreseeable threats to avoid and opportunities to pursue, environmental analysis, customers to serve, competitors to challenge, product characteristics on which the business will compete, market segmentation and product positioning analysis.
- Conduct research on new and established markets, forecast changes in the market environment, seek and develop areas of business opportunities.
- Analyse customer questions, identify trends and recommend appropriate follow-up actions
- Work with Regulatory agencies to ensure that content of all promotional material is fully supported by the product Information and literature, and in accordance with the guidance offered by local and international codes of conduct.
- Assist with development of advertising, public relations and all marketing communications to meet product objectives.
- Support project teams on products development from inception to commercialization.
- Support sale and project teams in developing and defining business requirements for retention products.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to execute product development plan.
- Identify media outlets for press releases and promotions.
- Enforce brand marketing guidelines in trademarks, logos, and publications.
- Support development and tracking of marketing budgets.
- Measure success of various marketing campaigns.
- Support project team with organising promotional events
- Writing reports and analysing data
- Help drive online traffic with web-related campaigns; Ensure that the Cookie Jar website content is relevant and up-to-date to reach out to new and existing audiences, providing meaningful information and services. Ensure that all social media communication and connections are up to date and making the desired impact
- Writing marketing content
- Minimum of HND/B.Sc in Marketing or related discipline.
- 2-5 years experience in Sales/Marketing role
- Ability to analyse and manage a business
go to method of application »
We are looking for an experienced Head of Operations (HOP) to oversee our organization’s ongoing operations and procedures. The HOP is a key member of the senior management team, reporting only to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The candidate is to maintain control of diverse business operations, so we expect an experienced and efficient leader.
The goal is to secure the functionality of business to drive extensive and sustainable growth. The HOP would Plan, direct, and oversee the company's operational policies, rules, initiatives, and goals. The candidate will help the organization execute long-term and short-term plans and directives by implementing judgement, vision, management and leadership.
HEAD OF OPERATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Measures effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes both internally and externally and finds ways to improve processes
- Develops and implements growth strategies
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors and acts as a liaison between company and client for quality assurance
- Assist CEO in raising capital through banks or outside investors to help foster growth or obtain sales goals
- Provides mentoring to all employees, including management
- Lead and motivates staff to meet or surpass organisational and sales goals
- Coordinates with human resources department to recruit skilled talent and keep the best employees
- Oversees daily operations and makes adjustments as necessary
- Presents new ideas and cash flow strategies in line with operations to management and other company officers
- Directs acquisitions and sales of assets to meet organisation goals
- Evaluates newly implemented sales plans
- Promotes communication between colleagues for the benefit of information flow and to curb any problems that arise
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives (IT, Marketing, Sales, Finance etc.)
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Implement ongoing projects
- Compile and forward consolidated report for all departments
- Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Proven experience as HOP or relevant role
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Experience in fundraising will be a plus
- Exceptional Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Critical thinker and ability to carry out risk management
- Problem solving and crisis management skill
- Good time manager
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Computational and presentation skills
- Ability to carry out strategic plans and implement plans
- Understanding of industry legal and statutory requirement
- Customer service skill
- Budgeting and Sales Experience
- Accounting knowledge
- Motivational Knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Must have an understanding of GMP and best industry practises
- Certification in quality management, project management and other relevant courses
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application letter with the job title as subject of mail.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale