Job Vacancies at APM Terminals
Posted on: 25 November, 2016
Deadline: 16 December, 2016
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at APM Terminals
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group - a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing industries - Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
We are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services.
Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting and responsible for closing process
- Perform monthly controlling and analysis
- Analyse numbers and address any issues or discrepancies
- Drive quarterly financial forecasting to ensure accuracy and ensure that achievable targets set
- Drive TCO (Take Cost Out) and Revenue Improvement initiatives as per Annual Operating Plan.
- Thorough analysis and review, dig deeper in the data reported and improve the quality of the reports including commentary for Managing Director and SMT members.
- Ensure safe and sound status of liquid fund, improve net working capital management, maintain proactive dialogue and follow up with accounts receivable key stakeholders.
- Completeness and Accuracy of the General Ledger
- Fixed Asset Register and depreciation
- Spare Parts inventory account management
- Accounts Receivable: Credit Control: Receipting
- Accounts Payable: Supplier payment in accordance with company authorization/approvals
- Revenue and Cost accruals as per APM GAAP and IAS
- Payroll : manage timely payment of payroll and adherence to payroll tax
- Liaison with HR department and PWC outsource facility
- Verification of deductions (PAYE/NHF/Pension)
- Full Balance Sheet Reconciliation
- Statutory and fiscal compliance (Company taxation/VAT/WHT)
- Preparation of Statutory Accounts
- Management Reporting: HFM update
- Forecasting & Budgeting: Variance Analysis
Who we are looking for:
- Education - Master's Degree in Finance/ACCA/CA preferred.
- Experience - Minimum 5 years of demonstrated financial management experience in mid size company with monthly turnover of NGN 1 billion
- Extensive knowledge of setting of Rofo/budgets, reporting in HFM/ZIMPL, inventory control systems and accounting, knowledge of ERP systems, IFS financials software is an advantage.
- Extensive knowledge of APM Terminals operational practices preferred.
- Experience in the operation of APM Terminals container facilities preferred.
- Analyzes performance statistics and trends in order to identify areas for improvements and cost savings i.e. cost saving potentials
- This position offers career development, exposure to multinational systems and process as well as an outstanding opportunity to join a professional team at APM Terminals and contribute to the success of the global organization.
- You will have the opportunity to build up a broad network in the organization with Executives and senior leaders in the business as well as within the Finance function in the region.
- Exposure and visibility is high and the role offers the opportunity to both contribute to the strategic agenda as well as gaining experience in daily high impact operational decisions
- Provide leadership and direction needed for the operations of the Container Terminal in the operations department and to maintain and create safe working conditions while ensuring excellent customer service and maintaining a high productivity and cost efficient operation.
- Execute strategies for the operations department in line with & contributing to the company vision & strategy, within the borders of business plan & budget.
- Manage the daily operations according to the agreed operating principles of the business & relationships with customers.
- Participate in selection, negotiation & finalizing agreements with suppliers & customers & where appropriate be responsible for execution & maintenance of service levels as agreed.
- Contribute input to development in technology & systems as applicable to improve efficiencies in cost, productivity & customer service.
- Ensure compliance with HSSE policies & procedures by all operational staff and enforce safe working practices and ensure lost time injuries are kept to a minimum..
- Ensure a cost efficient operation in excess current best practices.
- Measure and monitor performance against critical criteria, policy and guidelines.
- Direct reports and labour in the operations department are trained in best operation practices with regards to advanced operations strategies and new technology.
- Achieve the Company’s and its customer’s expectations with regard to operational efficiency, productivity and reliability.
- Liaise with labour unions to ensure industrial harmony with the workforce
- Manage employee performance issues including training, appraisals, discipline and grievances.
Who we are looking for:
- Candidate with a Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Maritime and Port Management, Process/Industrial Engineering or a Marine qualification, at least at Masters 1st Class level (having had command of a vessel)
- Post graduate studies in Port and/or Terminal Management, or related business studies.
- 7 years or more of strong leadership & managerial experience in terminal operations environment.
- Experience in finance related matters, setting budgets and reporting against financial objectives.
- Experience in Ship Gear and Mobile Harbour Crane Operations.
- In-depth comprehensive understanding of container terminal operations, especially vessel cargo logistics, hazardous cargo, special cargo handling requirements and equipment.
- Advanced level of verbal and written communications skills in English.
- We offer a safe, friendly, engaging working environment, opportunities for personal and professional growth and a competitive compensation package. In addition, we offer exposure to international standards multi-purpose terminal operations.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about APM TerminalsSimilar Jobs
- APM Termainals Recruitment for Power House Electricians
- Job Openings at a Courier Servies Company - Stresert Services Limited
- Communications Senior Associate at Uber Technology
- Safety Officers at an Indigenous Logistics Company - U-Connect Human Resources limited
- Exciting Marketing Vacancy at Uber
- Jobs at Inland Containers Nigeria Limited
- Dispatch Rider at HRLeverage Africa
- Customer Service Manager at a Freight Forwarding and Supply Chain Management Services -Stresert Services Limited