Japaul Oil & Maritime Services Plc was first incorporated in 1994 as a private limited liability company with an authorized and paid up Share Capital of N1,000,000 divided into 1,000,000 Ordinary Shares of N1 each. The company commenced active business operations in 1997. Its first Head Office was located at Plot 39 Eastern Bypass, Port Harcourt (now the office of one of its subsidiaries), while the new Head Office is presently at Plot 8, Dr. Nurudeen Olowopopo Avenue, CBD, Alausa, Ikeja, which was officially commissioned on July 2011.
- Ensuring compliance where appropriate with the Company’s Procedures and Policies in accordance with the requirements of the ISM Code and ISO 9001:2008 ISO14001:2004 & ISO 18001:2007 Standards.
- Ensure timely and cost effective maintenance or repairs of all Dredgers, vessels and equipment owned by the Japaul group.
- Supervising the maintenance, availability, efficient operations of the Dredgers and assisting as required in all aspects of dry-dockings, repairs and modifications on all vessels.
- Provide full work scopes, maintenance schedules (including drawings, materials required and job procedure) for all technical modifications, repairs and maintenance.
- Motivating and developing maintenance personnel’s engineering knowledge and skills.
- Provide the personnel, information and training on the safe use of maintenance equipment as may be required.
- Periodical inspections and test of all Dredgers and equipment, which are normally maintained by maintenance personnel to ensure correct maintenance has been performed as per job description.
- Provide written records and reports of the maintenance and faults as required and providing a history for future reference.
- Assist the procurement department in maintaining an adequate stock of critical spares by ensuring that the stock never drops below the minimum levels to be maintained.
- Ensure that all mandatory procedures i.e. Tool box talks, Risk assessments, permits to work, hot work permits etc, are used effectively and filed for audit purposes.
- Ensure that company manned dredgers and vessels are operated in a safe, efficient and economical manner and in full compliance with Class and Statutory regulations.
- Coming up with creative technical solutions that enable you to complete a project successfully with the resources available.
- Provide day to day support with dredgers and co-ordinate with local firms to fulfil dredger requirement.
- Provide written reports as required, detailing in service repairs, dry-docking repairs and surveys.
- Establish close relationships with clients
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Japaul Oil & Maritime Services Plc career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.