Letshego MFB is recruiting to fill the position of Head of Risk
Reports to: Country CEO
Job type: Permanent
Expected Start Date: 1st January, 2017
- To promote and sustain a culture of risk management discipline, anticipation and compliance within the country;
- To ensure that there are effective standards and internal controls, policies and procedures, systems and a risk management framework that supports business sustainability and continuity as well as ensuring compliance with various banking and regulatory policies;
- To anticipate and proactively ensure management of all potential risks, including market, credit, operations, information security, regulatory compliance and reputation risks and to initiate actions to pre-empt systemic risks; and
- To represent the risk and assurance function to external stakeholders such as regulators and investors as well as to the Board
- Lead and direct the Risk & Assurance function, as a partner to the business, supporting growth aspirations whilst retaining the appropriate risk management and compliance discipline to achieve strategic goals.
- Ensure that Risk Management Framework is adopted and effectively applied across all departments of the bank;
- Implement the Operational Risk Policy Framework and ensure that the operational risk governance structures are fully functional;
- Identify and understand the main operational risks in the business, monitor the actual level of operational risk on a regular basis and play a preventative role in risk control
- Embed a culture of consciousness and transparency for risk management and ensure that the nature and size of risks are well understood by all staff
- Implement the Businesses compliance and AML / CFT policy in line with local regulatory requirements
- Maintain relationship with both internal and relevant key stake holders
- Manage risk on a day to day basis which includes monitoring and reporting. This should include measures and procedures for:- understanding key processes, risk identification, risk analysis and assessment responding to risks identified and assessed adequate information and communication and monitoring of risk management activities
- Embed operational risk practices into business activities and support it with appropriate training and awareness
- Ensure that training and development on Risk Management is offered to staff on a regular basis
- Develop a business continuity strategy in order to ensure effective risk mitigation and business continuity
- Ensure that risk and process issues identified in the business units are reported and monitored and where necessary escalated to relevant person(s) and Committee(s) and corrective action is taken
- Liaise, guide and coach all levels within the business on risk and process issues
- Provide expert advice, share best-practice / risk mitigation techniques with management to enable them to pro-actively manage the risk within their units;
- Facilitate and provide adequate support to the Principle Risk owners for the monthly key risk indicators (KRI) process
- Ensure the development and execution of internal control plans outlining annual testing based on risk assessments (e.g. Risk and Control Self-Assessment), internal/external audit and regulatory reports
- Assess new products, procedures and procedural changes to identify potential operational risks and suggests mitigation plans.
- Monitor the banks insurance cover by way of review of the insurance return to ensure assets are adequately protected against losses.
- Maintain cost disciplines, rationalise and consolidate risk expense.
Education and/or Experience Required
- Minimum requirement of a Bachelor degree in Risk Management or equivalent financial qualification
- Exposure to demanding operational environments, ability to gain insight into the most effective risk management applications and key points for leverage and influence
- Minimum 7 years’ experience with relevant risk, compliance (AML & CFT) and/or process management experience.
Attractive pay, productivity bonus, medical benefits and generous pension scheme, as well as an exciting culture - Let’s improve life!
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send a motivation letter/email detailing how their qualification experience fits the requirement for the job in addition to their resume to NGCareers@letshego.com. Please ensure that the subject of your email read “Head of Risk”. Applications that do not comply with this requirement will not be considered
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale