Oilfield Solutions (OFS) was established in 2002 to meet the growing needs of the international Oil, Gas, Power Generation and Energy markets. The OFS team of qualified professionals has many years' experience within these industries and possesses the expertise and ability to meet and exceed all customers needs and expectations.
We are looking to recruit an Experienced General Manager for Lagos, Nigeria, on the Snake Island Free Zone.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
The General Manager Operations is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the shipyard and related specialist operations services and is accountable for the performance of all associated personnel for safety, quality, cost, and scheduling including the administrative functions needed to support the full operations and shipyard portfolio.
- Establish and develop additional engineering repair, maintenance and marine services within the Nigerdock portfolio to further enhance services available to clients and increase revenues.
- To ensure we actively promote the full capability of Nigerdock and the Snake Island Free-zone to existing and new clients
- Manage other associated partners/sub-contractors to develop and exploit their full capability to participate in tender preparation and to provide technical input to the Jagal and Nigerdock Management Team.
- The GM of Operations for the Niger Dock would be a fulltime commitment based on the island to enable the establishment and operation of these services to the region from the Free Zone.
- Effectively manage all technical aspects of the operation with a focus on growing the new services to develop increased profitability.
International travel will be expected to meet the requirements of this position. All Travel will be managed and arrange by OFS’ travel department. There are 5 return tickets per annum provided to a nominated home base.
This is a residential position but rotating on an as required basis, working a 6-day week. The work schedule is flexible and the GM will be expected to manage their own time in achieving the requirements of the role. All accommodation, food, and agreed incidentals provided with a good range of facilities on site. There is access to Lagos via regular Nigerdock managed ferries.
There is an attractive salary package, with an incentive bonus scheme based on increased profitability of the whole operation for the right candidate.
- A commitment to a significant presence on site is essential to ensure continuity of performance of the Operation.
- Applicants must have at least 10 – 15 years previous experience in a similar role with specific focus on shipyard management and oil and gas clients.
- Senior Management experience within a large organisation will essential with proven management skills.
- Successful candidates will have a strong technical background, supported by a technical qualification.
- A proven track record in customer service is essential.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have multi – disciplined capability
- Good communicator – effectively communicate positions and complex topics.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.