Regional Business Unit Manager For Sub Sahara Africa At Medtronic
Posted on: 14 November, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical
View All Jobs at Medtronic
Together, we will change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
The Regional Business Unit Manager for SSA MITG- Minimally Invasive Therapy Group is responsible for the overall coordination, functional management, strategy development and leadership for all regional sales & marketing activities of the MITG business. The job holder proactively establishes the vision and direction for the local sales & marketing organizations within the region and links the overall MITG SSA strategy with MEACAT. You will have the responsibility for ensuring the regional BU teams achieve the company’s regional MITG sales increase objectives through Sales and Marketing team’s efforts and initiatives.
- In line with MEACAT MITG strategic guidelines, create and define the regional MITG Sales & Marketing strategy to ensure business growth and expand the business in alignment with Medtronic country and overall MITG MEACAT business objectives and strategic goals.
- Direct and oversee the regional MITG Sales & Marketing teams to maintain the current customer base and identify and develop new MITG customers.
- Establish annually, quarterly and monthly MITG Sales and Marketing objectives in coordination with the overall companys business plan and create, in coordination with MEACAT marketing and with the assistance of Sales Managers and Product Managers an annual Sales and Marketing plan to meet these objectives.
- Lead planning and budgeting process, incl. sales forecasts, marketing investments and MITG P&L responsibility.
- Supervise the planning and development of company marketing and communications materials. Encourage the development of new market initiatives, and assessment of business opportunities. Prepare financial feasibility studies and develop proposals for new business opportunities.
- Plan and manage MITG internal communications and awareness of corporate direction, mission, aims and activities.
- Develop and maintain an effective communication process with other MITG Business Unit Directors within the region to ensure organizational alignment.
- Coordinate with other MITG BU Managers to ensure alignment of sales with other business functions to facilitate achievement of overall company strategic objectives.
- Manage and track the sales organization progress in achieving sales and business objectives target on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Monitor regional MITG teams acting in compliance with the FCPA and company requirements.
- According to Medtronic procedures, policy and employment law, build effective teams through hiring and development of direct reports, using performance management techniques including mentoring, rewards and recognition. Provide opportunity for success of all employees by ensuring they receive necessary and appropriate training for their job function. Provide opportunities for personal growth and professional development.
- Continuously work to gain proficiency pertaining to the industry, the market, and the company’s evolving customer value offering.
- Ensure close and effective cooperation in a matrix structure, ensuring alignment between the geographical goals and expectations and the MITG business unit.
PRINCIPAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Key working relationships include, but are not limited to the following:
- Business Director SA & SSA
- SSA Country Director
- MEACAT Marketing Teams
- Commercial Operations Team MITG MEACAT
- Regional MITG Country Business Leaders, MITG Area Manager and their teams
- Higher Education degree in Business, engineering or science
- Medical degree is a plus but not requirement
- MBA is a strong plus
- Experienced in managing fast paced growth environment
- Profound Sales & Marketing experience in medical device or Healthcare industry.
- Minimum of five years of management/leadership experience in health-care/device sales or marketing
- Track record of working collaboratively to manage cross-functional, cross-business issues and generate impact through others.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English and one of the local languages
- Passionate about the business; knowledge and experience with MITG products a plus.
- Experience of working in a matrix structure
- Comfortable with extensive travel (50% or above)
- Strong grasp of companys business strategy and future growth plans.
- Able to quantify financial impact of decisions and identifies key factors when making recommendations.
- Constructs strong profit, Gross Margin, ROI, and cost/benefit analyses.
- Deep understanding of local market dynamics, trends and pressures of industry, ability to foresee major changes in regional market pertaining to distribution, pricing, promotion, regulation, regionalization etc.
- Intimate insight into companys value offerings and how they meet the market and customer needs.
- Engaging and convincing personality, able to motivate his direct team to achieve business objectives.
- Assertive in setting high expectations for the organization, persistent in efforts to achieve goals and remove barriers
- Clear when assigning tasks to others and accepts responsibility for results, when working both directly and through others
- Leads by example, shows integrity and highest ethical standards in every action.
- Champions positive ideas that help push the organization forward and challenges consistently the conventional wisdom
- Serves as an advocate for major change initiatives and conveys need for action to others to motivate change/decisions
- Possesses sense of urgency in decision making process, yet still maintains well though-out, data-driven decision making process
- Able to build and manage strong relationship with peers in Medtronic and work in matrix business environment
- Coordination and management skills to efficiently and effectively execute sales & marketing strategy and vision by leading others
- Strong delegation skills that take into consideration the skill level and business maturity of employees.
- Ability to identify and react to potential threats and opportunities for the organization.
- Ability to work across organizational silos in cooperation and alignment with Medtronic country leaders, marketing organization and BU country managers
- Ability to convey messages effectively in a variety of settings and across levels
- Strong analytical skills – ability to gather information and multi-source inputs, analyze data, use multi-angle approach and produce the balanced and well thought-out conclusion.
- Strong ability to articulate and solve complex problems, , ability to operate in the ambiguous situations.
- Strong people management skills – both senior and junior levels. Ability to provide feedback and coaching and create environment for effective talent development.
- Strong financial knowledge – full understanding of all P&L elements and their inter-relationship. Ability to manage within the budget.
- Strong relationship building skills – both external and internal.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Medtronic career website on jobs.medtronic.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about MedtronicSimilar Jobs
- Medical Vacancy at a Reputable Healthcare Provider
- Medical Officer at SouthShore Womens Clinic
- Job Openings at Me Cure Industries Limited
- Massive Graduate and Experienced Job Recruitment at The National Orthopaedic Hospital, Igbobi
- Entry-level Pharmacy Technician at Newgate Medical Services Limited
- Radiographer Recruitment at Teclab
- Job Opportunity at World Health Organization (WHO)
- Medical Officer Vacancy at ROA Hospital