Medical Job at Women at Risk International Foundation (WARIF) - Bradfield Cosulting
Posted on: 11 November, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Bradfield Consulting
Bradfield Cosulting - Our client, Women at Risk International Foundation (WARIF), is about to implement programs to promote and protect the rights of women and girls in Nigeria. One of which is to provide support services to victims of sexual assault, domestic violence, and sex trafficking. As part of its objectives, WARIF is establishing a Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) in Lagos to provide urgent medical care, psychosocial counselling services and referrals for Legal and other related services to survivors of sexual assaults, domestic violence, and sex trafficking.
Do you have a passion for working with victims of sexual assault, domestic violence, and sex trafficking? Would you like to shape and drive policy around services to victims of sexual assault, primary prevention and domestic violence? If you are, you could be our next Midwife/Nurse at WARIF.
- Provide all immediate assessments, treatment and health care tsurvivors as needed and requested. Provide follow-up medical care, treatment, and support as needed.
- Assist the contracted doctors with conducting medical/forensic examinations as needed and requested by the survivor, and ensure the completing and signing of the medical certificate. Assist with any other medical follow up that may be required for legal procedures, and help ensure that medical certificates are delivered tthe appropriate agencies in a timely manner.
- Help refer and support survivors taccess additional health care that may not be provided at the Centre, such as family planning services, other medical care, etc.
- Provide information and instruction tsurvivors on the medical treatment regimen that has been prescribed for them, ensuring that they understand the regimen (dose, schedule, etc). In the case of children, ensure that the parents/caregivers understand this regimen.
- Through follow up, monitor and help ensure the survivor continues tfollow the treatment regimen. These may be done through home visits, tbe coordinated with the counsellors.
- Support the counsellors in providing health/medical information tsurvivors as needed and requested, for example the potential health consequences of GBV, and options for assistance. Assist the counsellor in helping the survivor make choices concerning her medical options.
- Manage and oversee the centre pharmacy and medical supplies, ensuring that all items are well maintained, stored properly, and are not close texpiring. Ensure that all drugs and supplies that are dispensed for client use are properly documented in the medication ledger.
- Submit requests for new supplies in a timely manner, and notify management when any drugs are close texpiring: this includes monthly requests and any specific requests required on occasion. Ensure all supplies and stocks are monitored regularly.
- Receive and treat survivors with kindness, respect, compassion, and in a caring manner.
- Maintain excellent listening skills and focused attention at all times when with survivors.
- Ensure that survivor consent is properly obtained using the appropriate procedures at all times, and respect her decision where she refuses tgive consent.
- Help ensure that all services provided tsurvivors at the centre are implemented in line with best practices and quality standards for the provision of support and services tsurvivors.
- Help tmonitor quality of service provision through regular feedback from clients and their families on services provided through feedback sessions, surveys, and other activities.
- Help ensure that all medical documentation of clients and services provided is updated, accurate, organized, and well-maintained. This includes all medical reports, examinations, treatment, and other documentation as relevant and required.
- Assist the Centre Manager with other financial, logistical, and administrative tasks as requested and required at the centre.
- Help the Centre manager tensure that the centre and its clients are reasonably safe and secure from external harm as feasible, and report incidents/seek assistance where needed.
Skills and Competencies:
- Will need tbe highly motivated, compassionate, be able twork unsupervised, be able tuse own initiative, prioritise own workload, be able tdeal with a number of complex issue at one time and under pressure. Most importantly, must be able tmaintain a high level of confidentiality regarding patient information.
- Substantial knowledge and/or practical experience in health and medical issues pertaining tsexual assault, domestic violence and sex trafficking response, and in the provision of appropriate care for survivors.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability tapply the principles of providing quality service delivery for survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence and sex trafficking in various settings and circumstances.
- Experience engaging constructively with diverse groups of stakeholders at all levels in a participatory, inclusive manner taddress issues that may be viewed as sensitive or controversial with respect ttraditional socio-cultural beliefs and practices.
- Excellent listening and observation skills; ability tcreate a space of trust, support, respect, and confidentiality with survivors of all ages and backgrounds.
- Ability tengage constructively with families of survivors tenable them tprovide appropriate support tsurvivors at home during their recovery process.
- Strong knowledge of sexual assault, domestic violence and sex trafficking issues in the Lagos context, the impacts of violence on survivors, and best practices for providing support tsurvivors.
- Ability tplan in advance and maintain an organized working style, yet able thandle new events and situations effectively as they arise.
- Able twork independently, multi-task, and take initiative, but alsable task for help as needed.
- Strong communication skills and ability tengage with different groups and stakeholders in strengthening referral pathways and coordination, and raising awareness about sexual assault, domestic violence and sex trafficking.
- Ability twrite and speak in English. Ability taccurately complete medical records and other documentation in a timely manner.
- Basic computer skills are helpful (word, excel, email, etc.)
Education and Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in the direct provision of examinations, treatment, and care services twomen and children including survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, and other forms of gender-based violence.
- A degree in nursing or similar qualification in nursing
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Bradfield Consulting career website on bradfieldconsulting.has-jobs.co.uk to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Bradfield ConsultingSimilar Jobs
- Senior Advisor at Marie Stopes International
- Project Manager-STEER at Save the Children Nigeria
- Fresh Jobs at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Latest Jobs at PYXERA Global
- Human Resource Officer at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Emergency Coordinator at Malteser International
- DHIS/ICT Advisor at John Snow Incorporated (JSI)
- Job Vacancies at the Global Health Supply Chain Procurement and Supply Management Project (GHSC-PSM)