The PLAN-Health project, awarded funding under the United States President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) is a long term transformative program that will strengthen the leadership and management capacity of select Public Sector Institutions (PSIs) and Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) towards improved HIV/AIDS and other health services in the Nigerian. To achieve this, the program will deliver on two separate but interrelated strategic goals of:
- strengthening the institutional capacity of select public and civil society organizations at Federal, State and Local levels for improved HIV and other health services for Nigeria's vulnerable populations; and
- developing management and leadership skills and institutionalizing the practices in the Nigerian's health sector.
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: MARCH, 2013 - SEPTEMBER. 2013
I. Purpose and Expected Results:
MSH is requesting the services of a consultant with skills and extensive wealth of experience in fund raising, advocacy. In addition to an ability to use modem technology in communicating results, PLAN-Health/MSH Nigeria. would expect the consultant to achieve the following results:
1. Develop a mechanism for financial sustainability
2. Empower PLAN Health staff and staffmembers in six organizations to fund raise and diversify funding sources
3. Build a system for publicizing results generated by six PLAN Health clients
4. Provide mentoring, coaching and general guidance to six CSOs by participating in their fund raising activities
5. Using proven tools, empower the teams (PLAN Health and eso clusters) on the use of modern technologies in communicating results
6. Produce an advocacy toolkit with PLAN Health team
The PLAN-HeaIth/MSH Nigeria team would prefer the use of methods that would encourage:
1. Shared learning and participation of wide nwnber of persons
2. Use of personal experience and proven evidences
3. Respect for clients and empowerment of staff
In-depth experience fund raising for organizations
Extensive experience designing advocacy toolkit
Experience using modem technology in communicating results
Willingness to work as a member of a team
Willingness to travel outside Abuja to MSH PLAN Health focal states
Ability to work in a multi-culturaI society
Basic HIV and AIDS knowledge
Associate Director, Civil Society Organisations, PLAN-Health
Triplactivityreport on any intervention provided
Draft documents, checklists and any interim products
Innovative strategy that would lead to 20% increase in funds for the CSO clients
Facilitate income generation forums
The candidate must meet all the criteria of minimum qualification.
If you are such a candidate who feels competent to fill any of the above positions, please send your resume with a brief cover letter to email@example.com, not later than two weeks from the date of publication.
If you wish to be considered for a post, please specify the position and the location for which you are applying in the subject line.
Suitable candidates living with HIV/AIDS will have an added advantage.
Women are encouraged to apply.
Note: There are no relocation allowances available for this position.