Engineering Job Vacancy at Wartsila Marine
Posted on: 17 October, 2016
Deadline: 29 October, 2016
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Wartsila Marine
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Wartsila is a global leader in advanced technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation and total efficiency, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2015, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5 billion with approximately 18,800 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki.
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job area: Contract Delivery
- Coordinates daily mechanical maintenance activities at the plant,ensures that the performance targets of the plant are reached according to the contract in own responsibility area and trains new members of the team on maintenance procedures and standards.
- Monitor the condition of maintenance equipment, materials, parts and tools and ensure those are maintained according to applicable guidelines and policies and take corrective actions when needed.
- Ensure that the work is executed at plant according to Wärtsilä Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental guidelines and customer site procedures as well as assigned maintenance plan.
- Inspect completed work to ensure that repairs have been completed correctly and that machinery and equipment conform to specifications and safety standards.
- Coach and mentor maintenance staff and assist them to diagnose more complex problems with machinery or equipment problems.
- Develop the maintenance working routines at the plant.
- Prioritize and assign tasks so that assigned team resources are used effectively and that work schedules and targets are met.
- Communication Skills
- Cost awareness & effectiveness
- Teamwork skills
- Wärtsilä Quality, safety, environment skills
- Maintenance Management
- Charge air system
- Compressed air systems
- Cooling water systems
- Emission reduction systems
- Exhaust gas system
- Fuel System
- Gas fuel systems
- Injection support systems
- Lubricating oil systems
- Sludge reduction systems (Effluent handling system)
- Steam systems
- Engine knowledge, medium speed
- Scheduled Maintenance
- Engine control system knowledge
- Trouble shooting, mechanical
- Measurement equipment, mechanical
- Technical drawings and flow charts
- Parameter trending and analysis
- Equipment/plant condition & efficiency monitoring and control
- Store and tool keeping knowledge
- Diploma or Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 Years Experience with Wartsila power plant, preferably in Field service.
- Trouble shooting of Wartsila 50DF, WECS and UNIC is desired.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Wartsila Marine career website on careers.fi to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Wartsila MarineSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Accountant at Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL)
- Procurement Support Officer at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- GM Business Development at Energi Talent Resourcing
- Job Openings at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Management Accountant at Subsea 7
- Human Resources Manager at Bradfield Consulting Limited
- Business Development Manager/Business Development Officer at MG Vowgas Group