Business Development Role at Save the Children
Posted on: 12 October, 2016
Deadline: 25 October, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Save The Children
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
- Save The Children is looking to add a dynamic, organized Business Development Manager who is passionate about being a part of a global team of individuals committed to improving the lives of children in Nigeria.
- The Business Development Manager works as part of the Program Development and Quality team to assist in proposal development, including coordinating proposal development processes and contributing to proposal writing.
Successful candidates should have:
- Experience writing reports or proposals for donors, including institutional donors (i.e. government agencies such as DFID, USAID, etc.)
- Excellent writing skills and a talent for writing concisely and conceptualizing ideas for graphics that convey key information
- Experience leading or taking part in proposal development for USAID, DFID, other bilaterals, foundations and/or corporations
- Experience at an INGO and knowledge of some technical areas such as humanitarian assistance, health, nutrition, protection, education, livelihoods or water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH)
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with large teams and to communicate clearly
- Thoroughly review solicitations/calls for funding and summarize key details for relevant individuals
- Coordinate the overall development process for proposals, including setting timelines for the proposal team, providing relevant templates and guidance, communicating donor requirements, and ensuring collaboration with all relevant units within the Save the Children Nigeria office
- Collate and integrate inputs from technical experts and staff into a narrative that clearly conveys proposal win themes, and importantly, is compliant with all donor instructions and requirements
- Help the proposal team to identify and address any gaps in the program design or other pieces of the proposal
- Collaborate with the proposal team to incorporate the suggestions of proposal reviewers
- Format and edit proposals and ensure a high quality final products
- Follow proposal calendar and meet established deadlines
- Master's degree or equivalent experience in a related field required.
- Minimum 5 years overall experience, with 2 years in writing and/or developing proposals in response to solicitations from donors
- Exceptional conceptual, analytical, writing, and editing skills, including knack for synthesizing large amounts of information into persuasive, clear language and graphics.
- Ability to consistently meet multiple deadlines.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Save The Children career website on savethechildrenng.simplicant.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Save The ChildrenSimilar Jobs
- Consultants at the Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Graduate Case Monitors at Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS)
- TA WASH Officer, NOB at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Job Openings at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- Communications Advisor at Cuso International
- Job at Biodiversity Preservation Center (BPC)
- Human Resources Country Manager at the Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
- Job Vacancies at The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)