AS Operations West Africa Ltd. (ASO) is a Nigeria-registered subsidiary of Adam Smith International (ASI). ASO provides operational support to three DFID-funded projects in Nigeria, i.e. NIAF, GEMS and ENABLE. Operational services include IT and Communications; Residential and Hotel Accommodations; Administrative Support; Domestic Ground and Air Transportation; International Travel and Protocol; and, Security Services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Based in Abuja, this position directs and coordinates the work of the Accounting Services Section for a mid-sized operational services company.
- Among our clients is a leading international advisory firm that works throughout the world to help reform and improve economies and institutions
- This is a senior-level management position which provides accounting support to the client by directing and coordinating the work of the section and supervising the staff of the section
- Delivering coordinated accounting services to clients in several key cities;
- Supervising a team of accountants in Abuja and Kano including developing a balanced division of labor, overseeing day to day duties of staff and managing leave requests for staff within the section;
- Ensuring transactions posted to the accounting system are accurate;
- Ensuring all work is carried out quickly and on a fixed schedule and delays are communicated appropriately;
- Ensuring staff have collected all required documentation in support of any payment;
- Following up with clients on all finance related matters;
- Working within a team environment to share the workload;
- Chairing a once weekly meeting with project accountants to monitor and follow up on outstanding advance payments;
- Keeping the General Manager informed of all delays or problems within the section; and
- Other related duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Above-average writing abilities
- Knowledge of the double entry principle of accounting;
- Ability to effectively supervise employees;
- Ability to read financial budgets, translate information into written reports and make recommendations;
- Ability to transfer data from one source to another with extreme accuracy;
- Knowledge of advanced accounting functions;
- Knowledge of internal controls and accounting functions;
- Knowledge of Nigerian Acts related to financial management, accounting services, taxation, etc.
- Ability to use a personal computer, email, Excel and Word
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing (English is required for this position)
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks; and
Education and Experience
- Advanced Degree in Accounting;
- Accounting Certification: ICAN, ACCA or CITN;
- Experience in payroll accounting;
- Extensive experience in performing detailed accounting functions for a mid to large Nigeria-registered company;
- Extensive experience with the use of a variety of computer applications including Excel and Word; and
- At least 5 years’ experience supervising a team of staff.
Salary is based on an established, posted pay scale. The position is classified as an Management Services Level 10 (developmental)
Method of Application
Applicants should send their application letters and CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please note: “Assistant General Manager, Accounting Services” in the email subject line
Your application package should include:
- A covering letter detailing how you meet the Education and Experience requirements;
- Your CV; and
- Contact details for three recent work-related referees
- Only applicants who meet the Education and Experience requirements will be contacted. If you do not meet these, you need not apply.
- Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale