The Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) works in partnership with country governments, partners, and other major stakeholders to identify key obstacles to scaling-up and increasing access to essential health services, and to develop sustainable strategies to overcome them. CHAI’s solution-oriented approach focuses on improving market dynamics for medicines and diagnostics; lowering prices for treatment; accelerating access to life-saving vaccines and technologies; and helping governments build the capacity required to design and implement high-quality care and treatment programs.
CHAI’s Applied Analytics Team (AAT) works closely with CHAI’s country teams and partner governments to improve health care delivery by using applied analytics to drive policy and programmatic decisions. AAT provides credible designs, strategies and advice, through fit-for-purpose analytical approaches including operations research, mathematical modeling, monitoring, program evaluation and impact evaluation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Business Unit: Vaccines, Maternal & Child Programs - Family Planning
Summary of Position
- Over 200 million women around the world have an unmet need for family planning, indicating they would like to stop or limit childbearing, but do not have access to methods to do so. Increasing access to family planning has the potential to reduce maternal and infant mortality, reduce the number of deaths due to unsafe abortion, and improve the health outcomes of women and families overall. Long-acting reversible contraceptives (LARC), which include intrauterine devices (IUDs) and contraceptive implants, are the most effective methods of reversible contraception, have high rates of continuation by users, and are ideal for both spacing and limiting births.
- Since 2012, CHAI has worked with governments, partners and manufacturers to reduce the price of contraceptives and increase access to family planning supplies and services. CHAI’s helps Ministries to plan, coordinate, and implement family planning scale-up, by providing a strong foundation of rigorous analysis and management support to more effectively target interventions, allocate resources, and fill gaps to align contraceptive supplies with human resource capacity and client demand.
- As part of this work, CHAI is supporting several countries to develop, deploy and routinely use performance management tools for family planning.
- These Family Planning Dashboards provide actionable, integrated analyses of disparate data collected through government information systems in a visual and user-friendly format. CHAI is also working with Ministries to manage the transition of the single-rod implant product, Implanon, from an older version (Implanon Classic) to a newer version (Implanon NXT) which requires the training of current implant providers to use the new improved insertion device.
- The Family Planning Associate will be responsible for supporting the deployment and institutionalization of the existing Family Planning Dashboards in Nigeria, Kenya and Tanzania and the development of similar tools in additional countries. The Associate will also support country teams’ efforts to strengthen national forecasting and supply planning processes, and to coordinate both the supply and training aspects of the NXT transition.
- The Associate will report to the Global Program Manager, Family Planning.
- Base location is flexible pending on country leadership approval. Expected travel is 50%.
The Family Planning Associate will work with CHAI country teams, the Global Family Planning Program Manager, CHAI’s Technology Team and other relevant stakeholders to support implementation of the Family Planning Dashboard by:
- Developing dashboard training materials and deployment plans specific to each country and supporting timely rollout
- Documenting examples of successful use of the dashboard by governments and partners to improve programmatic performance or decision-making
- Institutionalizing the dashboard within governments by building capabilities and comfort to use the tool and integrating tool’s use into routine government activities
- Supporting the implementation of additional dashboards in new countries; responsibilities will include developing country-specific requirements for development, providing iterative feedback to developer and thoroughly testing requirements until final product is complete, and thoroughly documenting and communicating decisions to ensure coordination and alignment with all relevant stakeholders.
The Family Planning Associate will also support the broader work of the Global Family Planning team by:
- Supporting country teams to strengthen national forecasts and ensure contraceptive security through improved supply planning and addressing supply chain bottlenecks
- Monitoring stock on hand, consumption and orders of family planning commodities for each program country
- Supporting the coordination of commodity availability, health worker trainings, advocacy and communication to finalize the NXT transition with minimal disruption to implant access
- Contributing to donor reports
- Monitoring key program indicators and supporting analysis across program countries
- Conducting additional analyses of global consumption or procurement data, or other information, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with a minimum of 3 years of experience or Master’s degree in a related field with a minimum of 2 years of work experience in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Willingness to work with a geographically dispersed team across multiple time zones
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and quantitative skills, and ability to use data to inform program development and strategy
- Experience building and maintaining quantitative models in Excel preferred
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work well under pressure
- Self-motivation and comfort working independently with little oversight
- Prior experience in family planning and reproductive health preferred
- Experience with developing web-based applications a plus
- French language proficiency preferred
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) career website on careers-chai.icims.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale