If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With a 135-year history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and putting them in the right jobs so that they can do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Main Purpose of the Job
To manage, monitor, expedite and control all the Company’s imports and direct exports of raw materials, finished goods, spares and capital equipment working within a diversity of regulations and requirements set down by government, financial institutions and private enterprise.
- To ensure the optimum method of shipment for imported cargoes which are to be received within pre-determined time parameters and terms of sales/purchase.
- Liaison with Logistic service providers on all aspects of the import/export process.
- Provide support to planners on shipment timelines, documentation and delivery tracking.
- Prepare and submit customs documents required to facilitate clearing of imported cargo. When the required documents are not available, incumbent is to initiate corrective actions.
- Establish a mandatory modus operandi, which to be followed by third parties providing shipping services to K-C and provides a mandate within which the parties will perform.
- Manages all the duties within the shipping function, i.e. manage shipping agents, tracking the entire shipment process, invoice approval, Statutory reports, insurance claims, Indent file control, applications to Board of Trade, etc.
- Participate in regular and effective cross-functional teamwork with other functions and shipping agents to ensure support and commitment to other functions objectives.
- Prepare Landed Cost estimates on request from the business using current rate agreements in place.
- Obtain Air & Sea Freight Costs on request.
- Track SLA with logistics service providers to ensure conformity.
- Record keeping of current freight cost for all Imported Raw Material and Finished goods per Unit of Measure.
- Providing quarterly updates on freight cost to Buyers.
- Weekly reporting to business on all Imported shipments.
- Weekly reporting to Planning on open orders not shipped according to required ship date.
- To ensure compliance with all customs, importation and financial regulation regarding importation of goods.
- Managing 3rd party shipping and clearing agents day to day performance.
- A minimum B.Sc or equivalent in relevant areas
- A minimum of 3 years experience in imports and exports in logistics company or FMCG company
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Kimberly-Clark career website on kimberlyclark.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com to apply