Job Opening at The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library (OOPL)
Posted on: 31 August, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Olusegun Obasanjo Foundation
The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library (OOPL) in Abeokuta Ogun State is seeking to hire an outstanding Head of Archives to serve as the Manager of the Archives Department.
This position reports to the Deputy Chief Coordinator
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and supervise the staff and operations of the Archives Department
- Lead the archives team to acquire, evaluate records for preservation and retention, appraise, select, preserve, arrange and describe records that have archival value, according to accepted archival principles.
- Organise, monitor and evaluate work done on acquisition, accessioning, appraisal, arrangement description, storage, preservation and conservation of both manual and digital archives;
- Develop and implement strategies, policies and procedures for the management of the OOPL archives ( Paper and electronic) and access to them under defined conditions; Develop classification systems, organize archival records to facilitate access to archival materials;
- Evaluate the OOPL archival collections, plan, develop and implement the digital preservation programme of the OOPL archives; , organise and monitor the digital archives project;
- Research, analyse, evaluate existing and new systems, technology or tools for the management of digital archives and make recommendations for their deployment;
- Advise the OOPL Management and staff on digital recordkeeping issues and practices
- Work in collaboration with archiving contractors and consultants.
- Manage the OOPLs Records Management Programme, Carry out disposition functions by applying the life-cycle concept to information assets, including appraisal by liaising with records-originating offices within the OOPL regarding the transfer and/or disposal of their records; assures that retention schedules, registration and physical aspects of records transfers meet established standards; oversees space management;
- Any other duties as may be required.
- Advanced University Degree in archival science, records management or information management;
- Training and qualification in digital archiving systems; Knowledge about how to use Electronic Document Management Systems is a must.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in archives management, records management or information management.
- Experience of managing digital records and archives, including digital preservation, is required.
- Knowled of strict information security systems is highly desirable mandatory.
- Demonstrable knowledge of recordkeeping and archiving theory and practice, and of established standards in records management and archives management;
- Demonstrable knowledge of current standards, best practices and trends in digital archives preservation and digital recordkeeping;
- Good communication and organizational skills;
- Genuine interest in history and preserving records for posterity; Demonstrable conceptual, analytical and evaluative skills;
- Ability to conduct research and analysis, prepare and present recommendations; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Method of Application
Interested applicant should forward a copy of their cv to: firstname.lastname@example.org, making the job title the subject of the mail.
Please note that only qualified candidates shall be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Olusegun Obasanjo FoundationSimilar Jobs
- Deputy Finance Manager at Mercy Corps Nigeria
- Aviation Officer at the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
- Senior Project Manager, MAFITA at Adam Smith International
- Logistics Officers at Oxfam Nigeria
- Finance Officer at the Health Communication Capacity Collaborative (HC3)
- Medical Adviser at the German Leprosy and TB Relief Association (GLRA)
- Country Support Associate, Severe Malaria at the Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
- Site Study Coordinator Research at Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS)