Latest Job Opening at The Skills Outside School Foundation
Posted on: 17 August, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Skills Outside School Foundation
The Skills Outside School Foundation is a non-profit organisation registered as in IT (70340) in June 2014 at the Corporate Affairs Commission, Nigeria and a Company Limited by Guarantee (09365183) at the Companies House, UK.
ROLES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Program Officer oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of the Skills Outside School Foundations’ ongoing Bridge Program and Professional Mentoring including planning, organizing, leading, and controlling the program activities.
- The Officer will primarily plan, execute, monitor and evaluate the Bridge Program and the Professional Mentoring opportunity. The Officer will also manage the liaison with the professional mentors and ensure they are kept up-to-date via newsletters sent every quarter to be developed by the media and research officer
- The Program Officer will perform a wide range of duties as outlined below:
- Plan the program
- Plan the delivery of the overall edition of the Bridge program and professional mentoring program in accordance with the mission and objectives of the organization.
- Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the Bridge Program and identify areas for improvement
- Ensure all feedback evaluation forms by the trainers and participants of the Bridge Program skills workshops are completed, collected and assessed through collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
- Ensure all professional mentors are kept up to date
- Ensure all program documentation and material is provided to the participants as due.
- Ensure any mentor-mentee re-allocations occur in a timely manner.
- Responding to the specific needs of the students.
- Develop forms and records to document program activities.
- Organize the program
- Provide weekly and monthly reports to the Board of Trustees and the Acting President.
- Create and maintain the program management calendar/schedule and file all program documents.
- Organise the Career Mentoring Open Day.
- Coordinate the Skills Workshops and mentoring engagements between the trainers, mentors and the participants.
- Update the partner schools on program milestones.
- Liaise with the partner schools on all matters.
- Develop a working relationship with all the professional mentors.
- Work with the Media and Research Manager to source for and screen all new professional mentors ensuring that they receive the starter pack and are offered sufficient training on child safety and program expectations.
- Updating the starter pack and SOS Grants applications.
- Updating the presentation to mentors.
- Documenting and Review Mentoring Feedback Reports and responding appropriately including following up on action items.
- Documenting and Reviewing SOS Grants and Mentorship Applications and responding appropriately.
- Lead the program
- Communicate with partners/sponsors and other stakeholders to understand how the delivery of the workshops and the Bridge Program can be enhanced
- Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
- Monitor the program activities on a regular basis and conduct a quarterly evaluation according to the program evaluation framework.
- Report evaluation findings to the Acting President and Board of Trustees and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate.
- Provide the necessary information to the Media and Research Officer to allow for appropriate and targeted social media updates on the Foundations activities.
- Attend all the PTAs of the respective schools to ensure parent/guardian and school admin engagement.
- Send monthly sms blasts to all parents/guardians updating them on the progress of the program.
- Control the program
- Provide information on finances and expenditure on the programs and attach supporting documentation for the board, funders and the Stakeholder Relations Manager.
- Ensure that the Bridge Program operates within the approved budget.
- Monitor and approve all budgeted program expenditures.
- Work with Sponsorship and Partnership Officer to manage the disbursement of funds for all program activities and other general administrative functions of the Foundation.
- Process and document payments made by members and other stakeholders.
- Maintain and keep financial records of all programs and the Foundations’ activities including monitoring the expenses of the Foundation and ensure they are up to date.
- Provide required information to have invoices generated and submitted to funders according to the timelines.
- University degree in program management, business administration/management or a related field of study.
- 0-2 Years of program management, business management/administration, or otherwise exercise.
- Knowledge of program management.
- The Program Officer should demonstrate competence in all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices, and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization particularly with current partners and sponsors; Command a professional image.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner including by phone with several stakeholders; Articulate the foundations’ mission, program objectives with existing partners – organisations and schools.
- Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization; Proactively take actions necessary to produce results and able to work independently/with little guidance.
- Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor the progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities; Strong time management skills.
- Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Strong strategic, analytical, and program management skills: demonstrated ability to take responsibility for a diverse number of programs and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Proficiency in the use of computers for:
- Word processing
- Simple accounting
- Google Docs, Sky Drive, DropBox
- The Program Officer will work a standard work week but will not be required to work in an office to monitor program activities for the probation
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Skills Outside School FoundationSimilar Jobs
- Latest Job Vacancy at Solidarities International
- Ongoing Recruitment at FHI 360 (24 Positions)
- Job Opening at The United Nations
- Job Opportunity at COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale
- Job Openings at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- Communications and Advocacy Manager at IRC - International Rescue Committee
- Advocacy Manager at National Democratic Institute (NDI)
- Job Opening at Creative Associates International