Career Opportunity at GlaxoSmithKline (GSK)
Posted on: 16 August, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Pharmaceuticals
View All Jobs at GlaxoSmithKline
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world's leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa's largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
- Manage Logistic activities and relations between GSK, LSP’s and Customers.
- Customer Service:
- Coordinate and manage the Customer relations from a back office stand point.
- Logistic and Customer Service stakeholder within countries:
- Interface with countries’ commercial activities, business managers and Leadership Team.
Key Accountabilities & Results
- Responsible for managing and coordinating Logistic operations
- Manage any Logistic activity such as: warehousing, order processing, inventory control, customs related activities, transport and delivery to customer.
- Ensure adequate and timely distribution of products to attain maximum sales potential consistent with good inventory control.
- Manage in an optimum manner any constraint situation related to stock or to transport.
- Communicate any adverse situation to customers in a timely manner (exception management, stock allocation, substitution, inventory constraints, traffic issues and delays.)
- Manage the daily relation with LSP’s and local warehouses teams and meet them as appropriate.
- Manage the full inbound freight shipping activities, including freight forwarder, customs brokerage and transport management.
- Responsible for administrating Customer Service activities
- Supervise order management activities, After-Sales Service & client support (billing, deliveries, complaints, penalties, product information etc.) in a timely manner.
- Manage customer claims, returns and credit note activity.
- Maintain Customer master file, tariffs and pricing condition in IT system.
- Ensure that the right controls are in place to guarantee correct invoicing; avoid duplicate orders; etc...
- Formulate any policy and procedure for technical support to clients.
- Administer and minimise the impact of customer penalties (perfect execution, negotiate with customer).
- Responsible for being Customer support contact
- Meet customer and be their contact for CS & L enquiries, projects and initiatives.
- Promote alignment by understanding and communicating customer needs and requirements throughout GSK.
- Provide solutions to customers to facilitate their enquiries (order tracking on webplaces).
- Promote a continuous improvement culture, develop and implement innovation and collaborative logistics solutions.
- Responsible for developing performance and reducing costs
- Measure performance, reach performance targets and report KPIs, emphasis on P&L management and expense control.
- Use and develop statistics & business analytics culture as an enabler for optimisation.
- Drive cost reduction by finding new ways of doing things, merging orders.
- Improve excellence in Customer relationship and Advantage survey rating.
- Responsible for ensuring Distribution compliance
- Ensure compliance of distribution with GDP and local regulations.
- Ensure Sarbox compliance.
- Contribute to Change Management
- Be a key contributor to the deployment of the new distribution network and the new Supply Chain model
- Be a key enabler for CERPS roll out and a change manager.
- Stakeholder engagement
- Key contact of Commercial team for new business / lanes integration within the warehouse, for trade route change, contracts to be signed with customers, LSP’s and 1/3rd parties.
- Regional project management dedicated: WNO, creation of bonded warehouse.
- Interaction with S&D colleagues and QA to make sure to be aligned on objectives, results and vision
- Multi cultural stakeholders
- Management of 10 people: multifunctional team (customer service, Inbound Manager) having expertise on Letter of credits markets, direct shipments, multi cultural markets, West Africa markets, integrating new business, high turnover targets, cost reduction, deliveries optimization, patient focused and polyvalent.
- Team development:
- Find and develop key talent for succession planning
- Great people management skills, including some remote management as the role holder will have direct reports in more than one country.
- Tenacity and resilience in a difficult trading environment, with close relationships with both SD hubs and ADC commercial colleagues.
- Experience of Warehouse and Distribution, Inbound Freight, Customer Service and Distributor management.
- Very strong financial acumen. The ability to read and make decisions using a P&L is key.
- Min 5 years in supply chain
- Min 5 years in Pharma environment
- Bachelors Degree in any discipline
Competencies & Skills:
- Expertise of Supply Chain
- Relevant Degree/ qualification.
- Excel expert and MS Office user, with good knowledge of IT systems
- Good management and communication skills
- Financial Acumen
- Good analytical skills
- Business Partner mindset
- Results oriented
- Decision maker
- GSK Values driven
- Team development
- Enable & drive change
- Building relationship
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Improvement
- Commitment to task completion to have job done
- English (fluent).
- Others an advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to GlaxoSmithKline career website on careers.peopleclick.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about GlaxoSmithKlineSimilar Jobs
- Ongoing Recruitment at Pfizer Nigeria
- Financial Controller (Pharmaceutical/FMCG) at a Pharmaceutical Company - Stresert Servies Limited
- Pharmacists at Medplus Ltd.
- Product Management Job at Shalina Healthcare
- Corporate Affairs Managers at May & Baker Nigeria Plc
- Pharmacist at Medplus
- Production Shift Manager at GlaxoSmithKline (GSK)
- Accountant at Chemiron International Limited