Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
- As a Team Lead, Software Testing, you will primarily work under the Technology & Learning department building advanced automated test suites to exercise our internal applications.
- You will work with the Technology team to automate testing, create new test harnesses, implement new automation tools, and create innovative automated test systems that monitor the health of all Andela production systems.
- You will be a key contributor to delivering bug free software products that are critical to helping Andela grow and scale as an organization.
- You will also use patterns of cognitive apprenticeship to manage Andela apprentices towards efficient and productive contributions of work and development of professional capacities.
- You will work with the Learning & Development team to help develop a curriculum for Testing/Quality Assurance.
- Analyze and decompose a complicated software system and design a strategy to test this system
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Design an automation test harness geared toward maintainability
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Analyze the specifications and business purpose of applications and test the system from a functional and user experience perspective
- Identify test scenarios, correlate them to business requirements, and report on percentage of functionality been tested
- Prioritize defects accurately based on impact on business goals
- You must be able to code; this role encompasses much more than manual testing: python, ruby, SQL, shell scripting
- Mentor entry-level testers willing to become world-class
- Leverage cognitive apprenticeship methods to support the learning of entry-level apprentices
- Define the curriculum for Testing/Quality Assurance expertise at different levels of the Andela Fellowship.
What Makes You a Great Fit For This Role:
- The ability to be located in Lagos, Nigeria or Nairobi, Kenya.
- 2-5 years experience in Software Quality Assurance or Software Test Engineering
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Hands-on automation design and scripting experience
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Experience working with Continuous Delivery Pipelines
- Experience with performance, scalability and security testing
- Experience with Appium, Selenium WebDriver, Postman, IDE’s or other common testing tools
- A Bachelor's or advanced Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
go to method of application »
- Your strong drive build, manage, and grow a world-class technical leadership recruiting team combined with a desire to make the world more equitable fuels your commitment and follow-through in everything you do.
- Your ingenuity helps you identify ways to attract, identify, and select the individuals that have the highest potential to become successful Andela Fellows, and world-class technologists.
- You’ve managed teams and developed rigorous and systematic techniques for drafting, testing, and improving sourcing and selection in unique environments.
- You are excited by the idea of growing Andela’s applicant base from 40,000 to 1,000,000 and creating a best-in-class engineering recruitment program across both online and offline channels.
- The Fellow Recruitment Manager is responsible for leading one of Andela’s most core functions: attracting, evaluating and selecting prospective world-class technologists that are the strongest fit for the Andela Fellowship.
- Success in this role will mean that Andela can identify, attract, select, and retain increasingly talented and increasingly effective Fellows in each cycle and point to the systems, processes, and data that explain the rationale behind the improved decision making.
- The Fellow Recruitment Manager will lead Andela Lagos in inventing and implementing world-class sourcing and selection policies that drive the organization’s core performance indicators.
The specific responsibilities of the Fellow Recruitment Manager, Andela Lagos includes:
- Setting regional recruitment team’s objectives, priorities, and resources to align with organizational objectives.
- Developing and monitoring metrics for measuring process implementation and recruiting effectiveness.
- Developing, reviewing and implementing creative recruiting strategies to reach prospective applicants.
- Liaising and maintaining relationships with recruitment channel partners and vendors including developing partnership agreements and monitoring performance of these channels.
- Developing, coordinating and implementing the calendar of fellow recruitment activities to ensure it is done in a timely and effective manner.
- Strong leadership and management of the Lagos Recruitment Team
- Ensuring implementation of systems for responding to enquiries from prospective fellows knowledgeably and professionally.
- Building and integrating effective candidate referrals systems.
- Overseeing and ensuring strong management of all stages of the fellow recruitment process, including candidate screening and selection.
- Developing candidate evaluation systems that help to judge the presence, absence or efficacy of such qualification and qualities in prospective fellows.
- Ensuring flawless records keeping across all stages of the recruitment process
- Managing marketing and recruitment budgets to ensure that expenditure maximizes return on investment.
- Liaising and working effectively with contacts across all departments and at all levels within and outside Andela, to ensure a collaborative approach to recruitment.
Qualifications & Characteristics
As the ideal candidates for this role you:
- Deep understanding of how to leverage technology and build scalable systems to reach prospective applicants
- Have outstanding written and spoken communication skills as well as good listening skills.
- Are a self-starter who can accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- Have a high standard for the quality of products and processes
- Have a high level of attention to detail and organization
- Have strong leadership and management skills
- Are effective at prioritization
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, And a chance to change the world!
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.