Head, Facilities Management is a group-wide appointment. Candidates must have performed as a GM or CEO at a country or regional level for a major FM solution provider to mixed-use portfolios. Alternatively run the FM organisation for a large-scale client side business.
- delivery of a cost-effective, efficient and client-focused Facilities Management service for all properties belonging to the Churchgate Group
- provision of direction and leadership towards achievement of the business strategy as it relates to Facilities Management.
- working in close collaboration with FM Service Providers/Partners in a positive and progressive way to ensure facilities are maintained in the most efficient, effective and economic way.
- strong technical know-how
- The overall P&L of the Facilities Management Division
- Establishing the business plan to cater for all strategic and operational service requirements across the property portfolio
- To ensure that all buildings are managed and supported in an effective and timely manner and in a condition appropriate to their use.
- To provide a high quality service to clients based on agreed service standards.
- To ensure that FM budgets are managed and controlled in strict accordance with group financial policies and procedures
- To take a leading part in developing sustainable policies and initiatives and to deliver a program of development and maintenance which ensures that cost reduction targets are met
- Manage an operational team with the objective of upskilling and improving service levels and overall capability
- Provide technical advice as necessary to client representatives, appointed consultants and contractors for the design and operation of building services & systems.
- Manage the maintenance of the structure and fabric of all buildings, with due consideration of appropriate building regulations.
- Keep inventory of all equipment, appliances and assets belonging to the group; which are under the management of FM department
- Liaise with the Legal department in the development of FM service contracts, consultancy support and works contracts in accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures.
- Liaise with Procurement department in providing accurate description (physical and technical) of parts and/or equipment required for FM works.
- Ensure that the facilities meet health, safety and environmental standards
- Manage building security in conjunction with Security and Admin departments
- Maintain liaison with various Govt agencies for appropriate permits, certification and licenses.
- Prepare and execute scientific Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM) schedules to ensure minimum down time of equipment and facilities.
- Implement a policy of continuous improvement and develop, present and implement new ideas to improve the scope and quality of service delivery standards
- Present daily, weekly and monthly reports to appropriate authorities and the board on transformation status
- Masters in Facilities Management, Bachelor's degree in Engineering, building or any other related business field.
- Possession of Facilities Management certification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years in a similar Facilities Manager position or experience in property management and operations, preferably in a large/medium size organisation.
- Strong organisational and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to make quick decision and problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer and IT skills, proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Proven record of managing diverse and complex sites
- Technical Knowledge of building services
- Experience in developing strategic and business plans