Job Opportunity at Productive People
Posted on: 15 July, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Productive People Limited
Productive People - Our client is a wireless messaging and software provider with focus on the banking industry.
- The Java Software Engineer will join client's back end engineering team responsible for developing the platforms that power our mobile banking apps.
- The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, possess strong analytical and problem solving skills and be capable of expressing complex ideas in clear and unambiguous terms.
- The position requires in-depth knowledge and familiarity with Java.
The Java Software Engineer will be charged but not limited with the following responsibilities:
- Create user information solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining Java based components and interfaces.
- Define site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Design and develop user interfaces to internet/intranet applications
- Work closely with the Team Leader, Business Developers and Product Owner/Clients for understanding the functional and system requirements.
- Prepare and conduct system and programming tests in controlled, real life situations before they go live.
- Maintain proper and accurate documentation
- Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- BSc Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics or any related course.
- Professional certifications are desired.
- Three (3) to five (5) years systems programming experience.
- Expert level knowledge of Java.
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies
- Experience with different data stores (relational and NoSQL) is essential including performance tuning
- Experience and working knowledge in system integration, web services (SOAP and REST), API development and web security
- Experience in MySQL or PostgreSQL and excellent knowledge of SQL, and optimization
- Possess a firm grasp of algorithms, experience with large scale distributed systems, low latency programming and data structures
- Knowledge of banking protocols and processes will be an added advantage
- Passion for clean code and clear naming conventions.
- Result driven and highly execution focused.
- Excellent analytical and oral communication skills are necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Fluent oral and written English required. Knowledge of another major language is not mandatory but could be advantageous.
Method of Application
Interested in this position, apply online on LinkedIn
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Productive People LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Senior Web Developer at AK Infotech Solutions Limited
- Cloud Infrastructure & Platform Sales Executive at Oracle Nigeria
- MasterCard Recruitment For Manager, Implementation
- Client Service Officers at Bizpoint Consult Limited
- Evaluation Manager at re:Learn - Co-Creation HuB (CcHUB)
- Web Developers at Xown Solutions Limited
- Web Developer (Intern) at CS&C
- Latest Job Vacancies at Management Alternatives Limited