Job Opportunity at Productive People
Posted on: 15 July, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Productive People Limited
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Productive People - Our client is a wireless messaging and software provider with focus on the banking industry.
- The Java Software Engineer will join client's back end engineering team responsible for developing the platforms that power our mobile banking apps.
- The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, possess strong analytical and problem solving skills and be capable of expressing complex ideas in clear and unambiguous terms.
- The position requires in-depth knowledge and familiarity with Java.
The Java Software Engineer will be charged but not limited with the following responsibilities:
- Create user information solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining Java based components and interfaces.
- Define site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Design and develop user interfaces to internet/intranet applications
- Work closely with the Team Leader, Business Developers and Product Owner/Clients for understanding the functional and system requirements.
- Prepare and conduct system and programming tests in controlled, real life situations before they go live.
- Maintain proper and accurate documentation
- Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- BSc Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics or any related course.
- Professional certifications are desired.
- Three (3) to five (5) years systems programming experience.
- Expert level knowledge of Java.
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies
- Experience with different data stores (relational and NoSQL) is essential including performance tuning
- Experience and working knowledge in system integration, web services (SOAP and REST), API development and web security
- Experience in MySQL or PostgreSQL and excellent knowledge of SQL, and optimization
- Possess a firm grasp of algorithms, experience with large scale distributed systems, low latency programming and data structures
- Knowledge of banking protocols and processes will be an added advantage
- Passion for clean code and clear naming conventions.
- Result driven and highly execution focused.
- Excellent analytical and oral communication skills are necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Fluent oral and written English required. Knowledge of another major language is not mandatory but could be advantageous.
Method of Application
Interested in this position, apply online on LinkedIn
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Productive People LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Integrated Marketing Manager at myPadi.ng
- Latest Vacancies at AK Infotech Solutions Limited
- Senior Server Administrator at Venture Garden Group
- Executive Assistant at Vantage Stream Multi-Trust Limited
- Senior Accountant at Swift Networks Limited
- Information Technology Roles at Kingsmen And Gracewards Limited
- Marketing and Strategy Manager at Comternet World Limited
- Latest Vacancies at Jireh Technologies Ltd