If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The First Group is a British-owned and internationally acclaimed property developer based in Dubai, UAE. We have earned a reputation as one of the premier private property developers both locally in Dubai and throughout the region. With our success we now have a global reach with sales and marketing channels established in Nigeria, Ghana, Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Russia, Azerbaijan and India.
We back up our success with a list of International Property awards along with strategic partnerships with companies such as Jumeriah Group, Wyndham Hotels, Etihad Airways and Emirates Airlines. To successful candidates we offer Award Winning Sales & Marketing tools, a state of the art showroom and endorsements from a number of international sporting celebrities.
- Position based in Lagos, Nigeria
- Looking for Oracle specific hardware for servers, storage systems architect with exposure to sizing, performance optimization.
go to method of application »
Position based in Lagos, Nigeria
Hiring DBA with Oracle Fusion middleware (FMW) experience or FMW with DBA experience and they should have sound experience in production systems. The primary role will be to do performance tuning, capacity forecasting, supporting level 3 production issues etc.
- Proactively monitor the critical database systems and ensure minimum downtime
- Maintenance and improvement of databases including installation, configuration, upgrade, patches and bug fixes
- Performance tuning, including database/query tuning and re-writing SQLs
- Database development including writing and reviewing stored procedures
- Plan and execute Backup and recovery including disaster recovery and replication
- Database refreshes, data masking and schema patches
- Develop and maintain database standards
- Handle problem escalation with vendors as appropriate
- Oversee database security
- Work as part of a team and provide 24x7 support with on-call rotation
- Provide support to Junior Database Administrator to resolve issue.
- Create knowledge base for DB Administrator on issue and resolution.
- Managing the Junior Database resource and assigning work.
SKILLS AND CAPABILITY REQUIREMENT
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science, Information Technology or related disciplines
- Mandatory to have Oracle /DB2 /SQL Server/My SQL & Unify Certification.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in database administration, relational database design and data warehouse applications and ETL processes etc
- Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge in managing very large databases instances.
- Identifying and execute the RDMBS upgrade.
- Working knowledge in cluster and HA environment.
- Installing and configuring report service.
- Ability to find server bottleneck.
- Database hardening experience.
- Telecom domain knowledge will be an advantage.
- Experience with DB consolidation.
- Expert level skills in SQL & Shell scripting
- Exposure to Database Audit.
- Ability to plan, document, and effectively implement projects and systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good team player with a can-do attitude
- Excellent trouble shooting and problem solving skills
- Fluency in English and the Spanish language (written and verbal)
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, Excel, MSWord and Power Point
Method of Application
To apply, visit First Point Group Career Page