Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
- Save the Children is the leading independent organization creating lasting change in the lives of children in over 120 countries around the world. Recognized for commitment to accountability, innovation and collaboration, our work takes us into the heart of communities, where we help children and families help themselves. We work with other organizations, governments, non-profits and a variety of local partners while maintaining our own independence without political agenda or religious orientation. Save the Children’s mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
- Working in partnership is central to Save the Children’s Theory of Change, and the mission to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.SCI partnership is broadly build around three principles of value driven and empowering relationships, transparency and accountability, and mutual benefit.
- Save the Children as a global organization has a Partnership Framework with the purpose of ensuring a shared understanding of what partnership and partnering mean across the organization. The Partnership Framework aims to leverage SCI global capacity to bring consistency to the way SCI enter into and manage partnerships. Specially, The Partnership Framework aims to contribute to SCI breakthroughs, manage risk, and foster shared ownership. Save the Children works with a wide range of partner organizations, reflecting the varied country contexts globally. Context is crucial in determining the range and profile of partners. Save the Children Nigeria program works in partnership with government, Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) the children and their families and communities to ensure full participation of and ownership by all stakeholders in programs and projects design and implemented in development programs as well as humanitarian response activities.
- To effectively respond to the rapidly growing Nigeria Country Program and partnership, Save the Children is looking for an experienced development professional consultant to work within the Nigeria Country Programme to review and contextualize SCI
- The objective of this consultancy is to to review and contextualize SCI Partnership manual and Framework to support the capacity of Nigeria Country program in partnership management.
Scope of the Work
The consultant will be expected to.
- Review the Nigeria Country Program partnership functions across different types of partners including civil society, government, research institutions, private sector and media
- Review SCI partnership manual with a view to produce a Nigerian contextualized partnership manual.
- Conduct a desktop review of different pieces of SCI partnership manual and framework documents. The documents includes but not limited to:
- Partnership Framework, including a presentation and a narrative description;
- Partnership Principles and Essential Standards, developed in 2013;
- Partnership Functions Matrix;
- Partnership Practices Country Office Analysis Tool;
- Partnership Tools Map; and
- Partnership Management training course.
The aims of the reviews are to, in the context of partnership management in Nigeria:
- Clarify roles and expectations between the Country and partners.
- Provide clear Guidance to the Country Program in strengthening partnership management and practices.
- Clarify the synergies needed from Members and Country Offices for effective partnerships management.
The following deliverables are expected from the consultant:
- An Inception Report describing the work plan and approach (within 3 days of signing of contract)
- First draft partnership manual and framework clearly responding to the scope of this consultancy spelled out in number 3 above.
- Second draft partnership manual and framework integrating all observations and comments from SCI.
- End of Assignment Report (finalized copy of Save the Children Nigeria Partnership Manual and Framework)
- The consultancy will be for the period of 20 working days including preparatory, actual work and report writing time.
Save the Children Nigeria will:
- Provide initial detailed briefing to the consultants on the assignment.
- Make available to the consultant relevant documents on SCI partnership management, manual and framework.
- If necessary provide work (desk) space for the consultant at the Country office.
- Pay a daily fees of NGN50, 000 on successful completion of the assignment.
The consultant will:
- Be under the supervision of the Director of Awards and Compliance.
- Provide weekly progress brief to the Director of Awards and Compliance.
- Within 3 days of signing the contract, provide detailed work plan for the assignments.
- Review all relevant documents provided by SCI including those on oneNet relating to partnership management, manual and framework.
- Document level of efforts using Save the Children approved time recording form.
- Provide finalized and acceptable copy of SCI specific Partnership Manual and Framework.
The consultant will be selected based on demonstrated expertise in Nigeria context partnership management and reviews. Specifically, the successful candidate will have the following training skills, experience and abilities:
- Demonstrated previous experience of successful completion of similar assignment with references.
- Strong analytical and report writing skills is highly required.
- Should have very strong experience on partnership management issues and challenges in Nigeria.
- At least 8 years of development work experience.
Method of Application
To apply, visit Save the Children Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.