Job Opportunity at Chemonics International Inc
Posted on: 28 June, 2016
Deadline: 5 July, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Chemonics International
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Chemonics International Inc., a leading international development firm based in Washington. D.C seeks qualified candidate for a Five-year Agricultural Value-Chain Development Project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- The Accountant is responsible for providing effective financial support to the project ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
- The successful candidate will assist with entering of local transactions in the accounting software, running monthly reports, processing travel advances, processing payroll, monitonrig receivables and payables, ensuring compliance within the satellite offices.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Review local expense reports for compliance with USAID and Federal Travel regulations before reimbursement.
- Coordinate with program and administrative staff to ensure transactions are property coded.
- Prepare wire transfer requests.
- Prepare and issue payroll checks for local staff.
- Ensure remittances are made to appropriate authorities.
- Monitor cash balances, prepare advance account reconciliations, bank reconciliations and maintain a good system of records.
- * Coordinate with the bank for information regarding balance account, bank statements, exchange rates, etc.
- Work with the Finance Manager and Finance Assistant to ensure compliance with the policies and procedures.
- Prepare letter of credit draw-down requests through the grants fund, and support the booking and tracking of in-kind grants payments.
- Prepare other ad-hoc financial reports as may be required.
- Assist/deputize for the Finance Manager on daily accounting work of the project as needed.
- Produce work products in conformity with the project and clients' standards.
- Communicate information in a way that demonstrates a basic understanding of development assistance work, the culture, values, and practices, and the specific scope and nature of the project.
- Demonstrate maturity, dependability, integrity, and initiative to learn competencies and skills required for the job assignment.
- Contribute to a work environment that emphasizes teamwork, respect for differences, and accepting and giving constructive feedback,
- Undertake other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Accounting or Financial Management.
- At least 3-5 years experience in an Accounting position.
- Excellent working capabilities with MS Excel, Word and other accounting software packages.
- Knowledge of payroll and tax issues
- Good interpersonal skills, honesty, and commitment to excellence.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, sustainable relationships with project staff, bank and tax officials, USAID Mission personnel and the general development and business community
- Experience with donors and USAID is preferred
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Cover letter, updated CVs and the name and contact information for three recent professional references to: email@example.com
- Candidate should include "Accountant" in the subject line.
- Only finalists will be contacted. Chemonics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Chemonics InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Country Finance Officer at Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
- Job Vacancies at Malaria Consortium
- Gender Advisor at the Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
- Job Openings at The Management Solutions for Africa (MS4A)
- Administration and Human Resources Officer at Education as a Vaccine
- Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at the Advocacy for Child and Family Health Project
- Latest Jobs at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE)
- Coordinator, Evidence at Girl Effect Nigeria