An International Development Organization is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals for the following position:
The Verification Officer is responsible for assisting the Verification Manager in investigating inconsistencies in operation or project management areas, and verifying information to ensure compliance with internationally accepted policies and regulations. This position will be based at the head office, located in Abuja, with program activities expected to be carried out in the North Eastern states. Regular travel is expected.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Verification Officer reports to the Verification Manager.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Support the Verification Manager in conducting verification process on any claims received.
- Ensure compliance with International Development policies and regulations.
- Identify and investigate inconsistencies or other shortcomings of the project in assigned areas.
- In collaboration with Verification Manager, identify and recommend, as appropriate, efficiency improvements to policies and procedures.
- Assist the Verification Manager in reviewing overall budgeting and financial information of the project including cash flow administration, time sheet recording, and management of in-country expenses.
- Assist the Verification Manager in producing updated monthly reports.
- Review invoices and ensure they are done in accordance with internal procedures and International Development policies.
- Provide verification management and systems training for project staff.
- Assist in facilitating continuous improvements through providing support to the project or grantees involved in project activities.
- Ensure the maintenance of a strong system of internal controls to ensure high level of quality assurance compliance.
- Ensure that all compliance files are maintained, organized, and accessible.
- Other tasks, as assigned.
- University degree in quality management, quality assurance science, auditing, finances, business administration or other related field is required.
- Three years’ work experience in a related field is required.
- A broad understanding of issues related to international development is required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills is required.
- Prior experience with International Development projects is highly desirable.
- Proficient at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is required.
Method of Application
Applicants for this position MUST submit the following documents by 24th June, 2016:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities AND
- A cover letter.
to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, Please Submit Applications to:
PO Box # 20350
ATTN: Human Resources Office
Abuja FCT, Nigeria.
Please reference the job title and location on the cover letter and Resume/CV. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale