Dangote Industries Limited is one among the largest business conglomerates in Africa. having various manufacturing and service industries including Cement, Sugar, Packaging Materials. Steel. Fertiliser. Petroleum Refining. Petrochemicals, Gas
processing. Salt. Vegetable Oil. Tomato Paste, Real Estate,Transportation, etc. A state of the art petroleum refinery (the world's largest single train refinery) with an integrated petrochemical complex and an ultra-modem fertiliser complex with thelargest trains in the world. are under construction at lekki in Lagos State.
Responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, installing, and supporting the company's IT network systems. Manages the day-to-day operations of LAN and WAN Administration (Physical/Wireless Network) by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair.
This would including providing support for infrastructure devices to include (but not limited to) Cisco Routers, Switches, Firewall and circuit paths and would include providing suggestions for performance enhancement and streamlining. The candidate shall provide technical support services necessary for in house computing resources in a LAN/WAN environment that ensure equipment, information security, and availability of Network Operation and Maintenance services as well as the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
Other functions performed include:
- Analyzes, administers and maintains data communications networks.
- Manages the usage and performance of data communications networks.
- Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures.
- Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
- Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
- Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to other staff members.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
- Provide work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
- Provides troubleshooting, analysis, and repairs for various remote locations throughout Nigeria and Sub-Saharan Africa
- REQUIRED Certifications: CCNP or CCIE
- 5-8 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Network Performance Tuning, LAN Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation, Problem Solving, Strategic Planning, Multi-tasking, Quality Focus, Coordination, Technical Understanding, Quick Study, Technical Zeal
Method of Application
To apply, visit Dangote Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale